Life, Love & Cupcakes 27.

"Good evening, and welcome to Encounters of the Hormonal Teenage Kind. On tonight's episode, we will be focussing on the age old question... Who kisses better, boys or girls? To help me answer tonight's question, I've found two very willing teenagers. In fact, here they are now, in their natural habitat of...the lounge room. Let's see if we can take a closer look at their hormonal interactions!"

"Mum. Get that camera out of my face. Now." I glared up at her, annoyed that she had interrupted my kiss with Sam.

"Oh, come on, honey," Mum laughed, holding the grey camcorder even closer. "Is he a good kisser? Or could he be better?"

"Shut up, Mum," I groaned.

"How about you, Sam?" She persisted, shifting the camcorder so it was facing him. "Is Rebekah a good kisser?"

Sam looked at me and smiled, adoration burning in his stunning blue eyes. "She's amazing," he praised. He leaned forward to kiss me again, but I held one hand over his mouth and pushed myself off his lap with the other.

"Don't encourage her," I warned him, making myself comfortable on the other end of the long couch. I definitely wanted to kiss him, but not with Mum and her camera around. Knowing her, the video would probably end up on a real TV show somewhere.

"No, no, this is good!" She exclaimed, hopping up and down excitedly. Her straight black hair whipped her cheeks with every bounce, but she seemed too happy to mind. "Aww, Sam! Are you really gonna let her get away that easily?!"

"Mum! What the heck!" I cried. I pulled a fluffy cushion off the couch and threw it at her, but she dodged it. "What happened to 'no kissing!' and 'use protection!'?"

"Hey!" She grinned. "I never said no kissing! Besides, what's one kiss going to do?"

"End up on YouTube, knowing you," I mumbled. "Look, can you just go away? Please?" I dragged the word out and leaned towards her, batting my eyelashes.

"Fine," she sighed. She stepped back, as if she was going to walk away, but she quickly hesitated and rushed back towards us. "Come on, just ONE kiss? Please?" She begged, mimicking my earlier tone.

I rolled my eyes. "Mum, I-"

"Just one?" Sam interrupted me. "Just one kiss, and you'll leave us alone for the rest of the evening?"

"Yes!" Mum nodded enthusiastically. "I promise."

"Alright then," Sam grinned, then he looked at me playfully.

"No," I told him. "I'm not going to."

"It's for your own good," He chuckled, sliding across the leather couch to get closer. Once he was right next to me, I lifted up my hands and used them to cover my mouth. This didn't stop Sam, though; he just wrapped his arms around my back and brought his face down towards mine.

"I won't let you," I grumbled stubbornly behind my palms. "I'm not going to move my hands."

He stayed still for a while, just looking into my eyes amusedly. I slowly found myself feeling less and less tense, but I still kept my hands in place. Nothing he could say would make me move them.

Suddenly, without any warning, he tightened his grip on my back and lifted me up, swiftly but gently. When he let go again, I reflexively dropped my arms to the couch to support myself. Unfortunately, by the time I had realised my mistake, Sam had pressed his lips to mine and was kissing me kindly. The kiss ended as quickly as it had started, though, and I soon found myself flat on the couch and gasping for breath.