Parallels

The woman stared right back at him, Luhan doing the same without any sense of fear. Without asking he already had a sense of this person's identity.

Stepping forward he asked, "Who are you?"

The woman's lips curved up in amusement, "How unlucky you are to see me, but in my case this is luck."

The woman pressed her lips together and looked around the neighborhood.

"The house isn't too bad, but wouldn't you like to live somewhere with a better view? Maybe a view of the ocean? Or the mountains?"

"I don't think that's your business," Luhan pointed out. "Is there something you want?"

He watched Sehun's mother tap her wallet into her other hand, "Is Kim Namjoo here?"

"Why?" Luhan questioned.

Sehun's mother let out a breath of annoyance at his attitude, "You dare to ask me why?"

Luhan coolly turned to look around the neighborhood then turned to her, "From the looks of it, you probably don't belong in this neighborhood." Pointing his arm down the road he told, "If you drive straight ahead and turn left at the stop sign there's a charity home you can donate to."

There was a spiteful laugh this time, "Are you done? Call her out. I don't have time to waste with you."

"Then I don't think you should come around here," Luhan told off.

"Insolent fool," she muttered underneath her breath. "You keep that woman away from my son. Your home will be under my thumbs if I see them together even for one second."

She turned away and waited for the Chauffeur to open the door for her.

"No," Luhan started, watching her pause in step, "you keep your son away from my woman. If he touches a hair on her body, I'm not going to let it go. If he goes to see her without my permission, I'm not letting you off either. A mother shouldn't raise her son to chase repeatedly after a woman who already belongs to someone else. She, instead, should teach him how to give up properly."

Turning away the woman entered the car and after closing the door the Chauffeur entered his seat to drive off. Luhan watched the car disappear down the street, pressed his lips together and started for his car.

"You're a little late," Namjoo commented upon entering his car minutes later. "Got held up?"

Smiling he nodded before reaching for her hand. Tightly gripping onto it he raised it up to kiss it.

Namjoo let out a surprised shout at the act, "What are you doing?"

"Just," he looked into her face and imagined how she must feel under that woman's gaze, "I'm just thankful."

He reached up to swipe his finger against her face and turned to drive down the street.

Namjoo peered at him curiously and let out an amused snort, "What's wrong with you?"

+++

Luhan was caught up in playing with Ki Hoon at a play center for children. She'd had no idea this was what Luhan meant by taking them out to eat. Instead of eating, they were both playing at the playground while Namjoo watched from afar at the table she was sitting at.

She hadn't see Ki Hoon smiling this widely since a while ago. It made her feel blessed to see it even though she still subconsciously worried about how Ki Hoon felt toward her as a mother. Her son seemed to enjoy his time with his Han Han more. Namjoo still couldn't think of anything she might've done to leave the impression that she'd leave him. The more she tried to think, the more frustrated she became.