ToGetHer

"Can we talk for a moment?" Hayoung asked.

What to say? Did she want to talk with Sehun's girlfriend?

Her hand clamped up and she realized Luhan had squeezed her hand.

"I guess I'll go," Luhan said, "I'll call later." With a smile he added, "Rest up."

Namjoo nodded. Luhan released her hand before walking back down the way they'd come and when he disappeared she still didn't want to turn toward Hayoung. She didn't quite want to talk with the person who triggered her memories of Sehun.

Without a word she took a few steps forward and started to unlock her door, still deciding on whether to invite this woman in or not. Namjoo had to admit she was embarrassed of showing her ugly house to people like them.

"I," Hayoung started in case she was left outside alone, "left the engagement."

Namjoo was just about to twist the knob, but her grip froze. Her eyes sat on the door without movement. The words, though, made their way to her brain very clearly. She got the message, so what was going to happen next?

"Are you trying to make me feel guilty?"

"No," Hayoung shot back immediately.

She opened her mouth again to retort, but stopped and lowered her head before twisting her fingers up.

"Sehun...do you know how he's been like lately?" Hayoung went on.

Namjoo tightened her grip on the door and started to turn it. She wanted to know if Sehun had been miserable like her or if he'd been even more miserable. Knowing it as a fact though, that his misery had him prisoner wouldn't make a difference anyhow.

"He lives in his room, he sleeps all day, and he listens to his mother." Hayoung told desperately. "If you don't want to hear me tell you to go back to him, then let me ask; what did you do to him"

Namjoo pressed her lips together wondering what she was doing in front of the door. What was she doing listening to this person babble on?

"Is it wrong to be happy? Why are you so afraid of it? Why can't your son have a father, you a husband?" Hayoung went on despairingly with the questions, her hair falling over her shoulder as she leaned forward to further interrogate her. "Sehun would die to hear Ki Hoon call him 'daddy.' Just imagine it; how happy he'd be. So why...can't you let him come back to you?"

Because there are circumstances, there are difficulties and she didn't want Ki Hoon to be pulled in.

Namjoo turned to spite her, but the words caught themselves in her throat when she sat tears falling down her face. Confusion spanked her and Namjoo ran her eyes over Hayoung wondering what exactly it was that was wrong with her.

Why...was she so desperate to get her and Sehun together?

"I," another tear fell from Hayoung's face, "was never hugged by him. Sehun never kissed me either, and today for the first time in months, he told me I'm pretty. And it hurts that he's only reserved these things for you. To tell you you're beautiful so that he can hug and kiss you, because you're the only one he can see.

"So why, can't he show you how he feels? Why can't he come to you without having to fear rejection? A lover shouldn't have to fear that. When will you stop letting him from living like an empty soul? You did nothing wrong and Sehun did nothing wrong either. How much will it take for you to tell him you love him?"

"Why? Who says I do?"

Hayoung shook her head, "There's no way any one person can hide such feelings."