Nothing

+++

Sehun watched Hayoung walk out of the gates with his son; his heart wrenching for what he had to do. He was sorry for Ki Hoon, who had been forcibly pulled into this mess created by his mother. It was unfair for him and it wasn't right.

They, the adults, were all in the wrong. If just...if he'd known three years back this wouldn't be happening. Namjoo wouldn't have to go through so much and Ki Hoon wouldn't have to follow in her footsteps, bearing all these hardships.

The thing was, he didn't know Ki Hoon enough to tell what was running through his mind. Sehun was afraid and felt guilty over what Ki Hoon may have witnessed. At three years of age, a child would start developing a sense and understanding of his surroundings. Ki Hoon most likely knew what was going on and Sehun was in the wrong for letting his son see all this.

Would it scar his mentality? Would he remember all this when he grow up and learn to resent him?

Sehun...was afraid.

He just wanted to be recognized as Ki Hoon's father, but why...why was it so difficult?

Part of his heart watched sadly as Hayoung tucked Ki Hoon safely into her backseat. When his little boy turned to look at him Sehun smiled and waved hoping that he might be able to comfort him somehow. It felt as if he was parting with Ki Hoon again...but this time it would only be for a short while.

Closing the door reluctantly he turned around and made it halfway down the drive before the doorbell rang repeatedly in an impatient manner.

+++

Luhan was long gone by now. A sudden appointment with his friend to meet up with a prosecutor had come up that morning, so he'd left. She was to wait for him, but Namjoo was growing more anxious by the second. She most wanted her son no matter at what cost. In all, she just really wanted to get this nightmare over with. To get as far away as possible from Sehun and his family were the only things second to Ki Hoon.

His parents had returned late, so after getting her breakfast they'd gone to take a short nap. For some reason they all believed she'd wait for Luhan, but Namjoo couldn't afford to lose the time. So she left after she was sure Luhan was far off down the road.

During the drive to Sehun's house she vaguely recalled him pointing the large mansion out to her from afar. It was strictly white with detailed carvings alongside its corners. It was special and looked rather expensive from far. The palpitation of anxiety within her made her feel unsettled for what was yet to come. When they neared; however, she thought the house didn't look as exquisite as she'd thought it would be. Instead it looked kind of dull and boring.

After paying the drive she stepped out and immediately walked toward the front gates standing tall and mighty over her, extending like shadows over a rabbit. Reaching her hand forward she almost hesitated before reminding herself she needed her son back and she was here to get him home.

Finally, she punched the doorbell with all she had.

Far back in her mind she reminisced over the happy days when it was just her, Ki Hoon, and Luhan and his parents. All had been so calm and peaceful. The joy in her life had never been so great as it had been then. Why had she decided to let Sehun ruin it all? Namjoo was guilty...guilty.

Upset by the memories she punched her finger against the doorbell faster and faster before the metal of the door heavily shifted and the door opened. What Namjoo least expected was to come face to face with her traitor.

Sehun stared back at her surprised by her sudden appearance.

Before he could speak she demanded, "Where is he?"