Discomforts

+++

While his mother secured the tie around his neck for the first time in his life Sehun glazed his eyes over her. Within the crevices of his mind he wondered if she saw him the same way Namjoo saw Ki Hoon; with affection, love, trust, and certainty.

The vivid hand against his chest as she admired the neat work she'd done with a smile embraced his mind momentarily. As a child Sehun always thought she was the most beautiful woman to graze this planet. No one could outdo her. His mother had been a perfect doll in his eyes from head to toe, and as a child he'd adored her with childish affection. Because she was his mother, he loved her with no limit.

His perceptions changed with growth, but for the first time since his view changed; she looked as she did when he was a child. His mother was so beautiful.

Did he love her the same way Namjoo loved Ki Hoon?

Whenever he wondered that the bottom of his heart would start on fire as if someone were clawing blood out of him mercilessly.

"You look so handsome," his mother smiled happily, but whether it was out of happiness for him or for herself he couldn't know. "One more step and your wedding will be on the way. I'm so happy Sehun."

Sehun blindingly returned the smile.

+++

Hayoung turned to look around not amazed that their parents had somehow filled up the reserved reception to its full capacity. All she saw were the heavy jewels friends and family wore to show off glittering underneath the huge chandelier. The dresses and suits guests were adorned in had costs hundreds; tailored and ordered from overseas.

She liked it that it was Sehun who would be her marriage partner, but she hated it that it was all one-sided. Hayoung had never yearned for anything out of her league. She just wanted a simple happiness; small things that could offer her long lasting joy. She didn't need a lot of money or good clothes, a rich home, or a handsome husband. Hayoung just wanted to be given joy.

Sehun couldn't do that for her whether he was in her presence or not. She couldn't bear living the rest of her life with him while his mind was elsewhere. She definitely knew better than that.

"He's here, hurry and go greet his family!" Her mother grabbed her arm, nodding toward the doors where Sehun was entering with his family.

Hayoung peered at them and the calm smile on Sehun's face before turning away. She couldn't look at him...not this way.

Her mother lugged her along anyhow and greeted Sehun and his parents with modest happiness. The smiles plastered on their faces made Hayoung want to slap each one of them. It upset her how no one listened to her.

No one at all.

Not even Sehun.

"Hayoung," Sehun smiled at her, "you look pretty today."

At once her eyes burned and the urge to cry defeated her urge to keep ignoring him. It was the first time in a long time that he'd given her such comment, and it hurt that it had to come from him on this kind of day. Her heart throbbed and she couldn't reply.

"Lets go sit, shall we?"

"Oh I...I need to go to the restroom first," Hayoung said.

"Hurry up," her mother urged before turning back to the others with that smile plastered to her face.

Hayoung hesitantly turned away before forcing herself away from Sehun. She would have liked to stay for the whole ceremony, but if only Sehun had said those words earlier to woo her heart. Now, it was too late. Even if she wanted, she couldn't turn to him now.