My Son

+++

"Yes, yes, yes," his mother spoke into the phone when he walked further into the house.

Closing the door very softly behind him he wondered who it was his mother was talking to on the phone. She sounded hurried and slightly worried; a tone of panic mixed along with it.

Taking his jacket off he walked into his room to set it down only to hear his mom call for him a second later.

When he walked out his mother had her hands clutched together against her chest. She looked so scared it really worried him.

"What?" He wondered. "Who were you talking to?"

She shook her head and looked like she was going to break down to cry. Taking two steps toward the couch she leaned against it for stability.

"It was from the Day Care," she explained, "Ki Hoon's missing."

Everything in his mind dissolved and he blanked out. He immediately forgot what his mother just said. The signals weren't transmitting anything to his brain, but his body felt the effects of it.

His blood ran cold and his eyes dilated.

"Ki Hoon's missing...oh my god..." the woman covered her face to cry. "The poor boy...what are we going to do?" Then she lifted her face up with wide eyes, "Oh my god...Namjoo! Does Namjoo know!?? What's she going to do?"

Luhan blinked his eyes still unable to think of anything.

"You have to go see her. She can't be alone right now...oh no...and after everything she's gone through. Why is this happening?"

Turning on his heels without further worry he found himself back out the door and in his car.

His mom had it right. Namjoo couldn't be left alone. Not now. Not in this time.

Speeding through the streets abruptly brought him to the Cellular Store in just a few minutes.

"Namjoo, where's Namjoo?" Luhan asked when he didn't see her around.

"She left after a phone call."

And that set him running out again.

On the way to Namjoo's he continuously called her, but was sent to voicemail with each try. He was worried, really worried.

Luhan knew Ki Hoon was Namjoo's everything. He knew and he saw how much she loved him. Her heart would be broken and he was afraid she was crying by herself. The baby she suffered so much for was her world.

Tucking the phone into his pocket he raced up the street toward her home hoping that she was in. His long legs brought him to a halt in front of her door. There was no point in hesitating right now, so grabbing the knob he pushed the door open. It had been surprisingly left unlocked, which wasn't very like Namjoo at all.

Obviously this meant something was wrong.

Then he spotted her sitting on the couch with her hair dripping water and a bath towel wrapped around her. He assumed she'd taken a bath before allowing it all to sink down.

She looked colder than Antarctica; lifeless and cold. Namjoo barely moved to acknowledge him, so closing the door after him he walked to her bedroom to grab one of her jackets. Draping it around her shoulders he knelt down on one knee in front of her.

"Namjoo," he called, "what are you doing here like this?"

Her eyes spoke of desolation.

"You have to get dressed; you're going to catch a cold."