Chapter One

Timothy's POV:

"Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes

But it's the only thing that I know

When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes

It is the only thing that makes us feel alive

We keep this love in a photograph

We made these memories for ourselves

Where our eyes are never closing

Hearts are never broken 

And time's forever frozen still

So you can keep me

Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans

Holding me closer 'til our eyes meet

You won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home."

I sighed as I heard my daughter Sara singing gently, most likely getting ready for her date with her wonderful mate. As much as I hated her finding love so soon, I'm glad it was with her mate and nobody else who would only break her heart. Sara had told me her mate wanted to take her to a drive through movie theater to watch a movie I had forgotten she told me about. They were to play old movies and how excited she was about it.

"Sara, what is this date your father is thinking about!?" Iris yelled, barging into her room without knocking. Talk about privacy. "Why are you going now, its too late." Sara groaned loudly.

"Dad! There is a thing called privacy!" Sara threw one of her spare shirts at him which he caught, throwing it on her bed. "Why do you insist on ruining my life!" Sara was being over dramatic, ever since she met her mate two months ago they never officially went on a date until he finally got the guts to ask her out on a date, it's a little weird but its great that they're old fashioned and not right to the point of mating... and having kids. I could personally strangle him if that was the case. But no, Sara explained to me how much he had yearned for his mate. He was traveling through and decided to settle down just for the heck of it and then he met Sara. His parents weren't in the picture, at least not anymore.

"This is my home, as long as you are under my roof, consider privacy an unknown word... as long as you are my daughter!" Iris was just as over dramatic as his daughter. Iris was extremely over protective of each one of his children. I went up to where they were to try and convince Iris to be reasonable. Sara was now sixteen years old with an eighteen year old mate. "Now what is this date your dad was thinking about?" Iris questioned, narrowing his eyes at her, daring for her to lie.

"Dad was suppose to tell you!" Sara turned to me. "Why didn't you tell him?"

"Absolutely not. He is way older than you and if he wanted to take you out on a date it should have been at an earlier time." Sara complained once again about her dad and tried to get me to help her with her blue eyes that stared at me, begging me. I sighed, I was going to probably regret this.

"Iris, this is not just any boy. This is her mate, remember when we had to be apart? Didn't it hurt you? Do you want your daughter to hurt from being apart from her mate?" Iris looked at me with sadness, it hurt him to let her daughter grow up so fast. But it will save her from getting her heartbroken in the future. Dylan generally sounded as if he was a good guy, from what Sara had told me. I've never seen a sixteen year old so happy.

Iris thought about it for a little, probably thinking about the time we had to be apart and how painful it was for all of us. "You better change or you're not leaving this house." Sara squealed and threw her arms around her dad when in reality she should be thanking me. I shook my head.

Iris looked at me before pulling me away, going down the hallway to where Collin was. Collin was coughing loudly, it sounded as if he was coughing his guts out from the looks of it. His face was red, it was beginning to get difficult for him to breath. Iris was at his side, patting his back trying to make it more tolerable for him to deal with it. Once Collin calmed down we laid him back down on the bed. "Is there anything you need? Want?" I asked him while sitting down next to his legs.Collin shook his head.

"I'm just tired." Collin's worn out voice was sounding painful as it has been for a while, he closed his eyes and wiped his nose. Collin had been sick for three weeks straight and at this point we had no idea what to do, who to ask for help.

"Sara is going on her first date tonight." I told Collin, trying to distract him from the pain he was feeling. It was obvious he needed the distraction since now it seems he had no other way of hiding his pain. Collin tended to try to do that so we don't worry but it became too painful for him to.

"What? It better be her mate!" Collin exclaimed trying to get out of bed but was being held down gently by Iris.

"It's her mate. Relax Collin." Iris mumbled, not letting him move from the bed. "I am not too happy about it either but she will be in good hands." Collin sighed laying back down. "I've ordered some guards to keep a good eye out for them."

"Dad, dad and dad, this is Dylan." Sara appeared in the doorway, holding Dylan's hand while looking at us worriedly. Sara was always worried about Collin. Not worried that her mate was facing her three werewolf fathers. I wouldn't be too worried either.

"I'm Timothy, this is Collin and Iris." I stood up to shake Dylan's hand. "Nice to meet you. I expect you will take good care of Sara."

"Y-yes sir. I will protect her with my life." I stared at Dylan serious for a second before smiling. Patting his back.

"Good to know that, Sara is our daughter and we know you as her mate will respect her and treat her like the princess she is."

"DAD!" Sara blushed deeply.

Iris stood up, now standing in front of Dylan. "You better be back by 10pm sharp, not a second late."

"10pm sharp, got it." Dylan nodded firmly.

"Bye Sara. Have fun."

"Bye Dad, feel better"

We all stayed there, talking about nothing in particular just trying to keep Collin's mind off the pain he was feeling from the sickness. We had tried almost everything the doctor had to offer us. At first it was a mild headache that occurred every single second of the day. Then it turned into morning sickness. Then it continued to him barely being able to get up from the bed. He was constantly tired. All we could do was watch our mate be in pain and not be able to do anything about. Collin threw up everything we gave him, sometimes even the pain medication that was prescribed to him. Collin's wolf was weak too, couldn't function well and would occasionally seek comfort in walking through the woods even though his legs were wobbly. We would do our best to carry him.

Collin didn't deserve to be this way. There was absolute no explanation as to way he was laying down in bed never being able to get up. Collin did get up but just barely.

My thoughts were snapped to reality when little Johnny came running into the room holding a paper in his hand. "Dad! A man told me to give you this!" Johnny handed me the envelop and looked up at me with curiosity.

'This note is to prove to you just how close I can get to your little Johnny.'