Chapter Twenty-one

Timothy's Pov:
"Father did it! He killed your son!"  We all stopped. The torture, we all stopped in our very spot. "We were carrying weapons so we could kill all of them ourselves. But you stood in our way and ruined our plan!" Jacob confessed once Iris was going to establish another torture device on Carter.

"The cult leader?" Iris questioned.

"Yes. He was angry you put me in prison. Where I was on death row. Then even angrier when I wouldn't go back on his side-"

"Why should we believe you?"

"Because even if we did lie, Carter wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut. He has too much of a guilty conscience when it comes to little kids." Carter just sat there, taking in heavy breaths. "We never intended for any one to get hurt in all of this."

We all stayed silent, looking at each other. Almost debating if it was the truth. It seemed like we all agreed it was the truth. Iris would have killed Carter and it seemed Jacob only ever cared about him. He wouldn't want to risk losing his mate. If they were mates. There was doubting everything but there was no doubting that it was father who did this. Who killed Johnny and an unborn baby. "We'll let you go."

"What are you doing!? What if they're lying!?" Nathaniel said.

"If they are, we turn them in. They attempted to escape. I'm sure their penalties would be death." Iris responded while glaring at them. I looked in shock as they both stood up looking at each other. Jacob pulled Carter into a hug. Being careful with his injuries.

"We will kill him. If it'll make you believe us." Jacob said. "We will make sure him and everyone that helped in killing your boy... they will pay."

"If you break your promise we won't be coming for them, we will come for you." Iris responded.
"Now leave." They both left, Jacob helping Carter. I sighed at the tension leaving the room. We all were there in silence.

"Well. I'm going to call the kids. See how they are doing." I went to walk away but Collin grabbed my arm pulling me into his arms as I broke down crying.

"It's okay."

"But it's not.. even though.. even though after all this.. it won't bring back Johnny. Our little boy, it won't bring him back. I-" I sobbed into his chest as he held me tigher. Rubbing my back. I'm so embarrassed for crying again. But I have a reason to. "This won't bring him. No amount of torture will bring Johnny back to me. No matter what we do. No matter how hard we try. Johnny isn't coming back!" I couldn't take this anymore. With the amount of strength I had, I pushed Collin off of me and ran away.

Suddenly sadness had consumed me and I wanted nothing more than to be alone. I shifted and ran away from them. Ignoring the shouts of my name being called from multiple mouths.

All I need was to be alone. It never hit me so hard that Johnny was really gone. I felt as if I went home we would be waiting there for me. Waiting for me to bring him food. Give him a ride to his friends house. I whimpered as I fell to the ground. I couldn't handle the pain. I ran home. In order to avoid them finding me. I ran faster than ever.

As I made myself to the backyard of our house I entered. Looking around as warm memories consumed me. Of the time we were once happy. We might be happy together but there is no family without Johnny.

I looked around and noticed bags in the front door. Who else was here? I went up to Johnny's old room.

Casey, Paul and Kenny.

They were all hugging each other. Crying softly, still in their uniforms. They looked up at me and I let out another cry. They were here. They pulled me on for a hug. I was I'm between them. I had the spare clothes I already put on when I shifted back into human form.

They hugged me and we all cried for the loss of an angel. One that had an impact in our lives. A life that didn't deserve to die. But yet he was taken away at such an age. I felt as if I was running out of tears. My heart had already shattered so many times. To more million of pieces. But the warmth of them made me feel good. I felt their sadness too but we were all together. Finally. I don't want to let them go anymore. I wanted them to stay here with me. To never leave my side. But I knew I would have to soon.

"Dad it'll be okay." Paul mumbled, through tears. "We couldn't stand the thought of all of you going through this. We requested a leave and they let us."

I cried harder. Before sucking it all up and sighing. "I missed you all."

"We missed you too." Casey said with red eyes. "It's been hard in training without the love of our dads."

I felt the presence of the the others step into the room. I pulled away so they could go greet them. They deserved to feel the love of their children. They hugged it out. I stood there awkwardly. "We need to talk." Iris stated while looking at me after they had their moment.

"I know." I whispered. "Let's talk downstairs." We all made our way down the stairs. It wad gloomy for me. I just couldn't be happy for some reason. But the people I love being here made everything better. It filled the emptiness I felt after Johnny passed away. I needed to give them the love they needed. I needed to be here for them like they traveled here for me. For us.

Maybe, just maybe it'll get better.