Chapter Nineteen

"Hey dads!" Kenny, Paul and Casey were on the other side of the phone, they sounded excited and tired. We were going to tired them out even more but it was the best thing to do after some realization of how they would react if we didn't tell them sooner. It's already been a month. They sounded so excited, I just hope they don't get upset with us for not telling them sooner, it's just been so difficult.

It's not an excuse, I knew that but we just barely made it through with our lives, and now we have to speak of that day we lost an important person in our family.

"There's something we have to tell you." Dominic spoke. The other line grew quiet. "It's been hard on all of us and we haven't found the strength to tell you all of what had happened until now, when we realized what could happen if we waited more later."

There was a long pause after Dominic spoke, the other line was silent as well. We avoided each others stare, not wanting to be the ones to break the news that they lost their little brother. After seeing him for the last time.

"Johnny is not with us anymore.." Kenny responded. "Sara called us and told us about what had happened. It was heartbreaking and we had each other to fight through it. Sara knew you all would be too heartbroken to tell us. We waited until you would tell us. Johnny was very special to us, to everyone. When we first took him in, to help take care of, he was so scared so lonely.. So lost. He didn't trust us enough to let us in but he always walked along side us." Kenny's voice cracked through it all. They already knew, I thanked Sara a million times, it must have been difficult for her to call and tell them they lost their brother. And their future nephew. She actually did it for us.

"The first person he ever actually let talk to was Kenny. They were so close to each other, it was very cute. Then after that he slowly began trusting each one of us until.. We became a family. Then we met you all and you all became our parents. Screw our biological parents." Paul spoke that part of Kenny. "We owe our lives to you, Johnny trusted you guys like no other, made sure we got along and everything. We could never be angry with him, he was our little brother."

"Johnny was going to be something great in life and then life decided that he would be great somewhere else. He was someone special and now we lost him.. At first we blamed ourselves because if it wasn't for us joining this academy then he wouldn't be gone because..." Casey began.

"But we've come to move on, it's been a month and Johnny told us how happy he was for us. It helped us through." Kenny spoke for them all, he sniffled a little. "We made it through, Johnny might have not made it through but I'm sure he was wanted in heaven. He's happy now, looking down on us. He wants all of us to be happy, like he is now."

We stayed on the phone, speaking about what's been going on and how it was hard for us but they told us that we should stay strong. No matter what, we should keep each other company because there is no way of getting through this without our mates. I am grateful that I at least have my mates, I don't know how parents bear the fact that they lost a child they conceived.

"We need to move on, I think the best way to do that is to move from here. Put this house on the market and just find a place where we can all be." Nathaniel suggested. But in all honesty, I didn't want to move. I wanted to stay here, it was our very first home together. I didn't want to sale it or anything. I wanted to keep it, probably a selfish thing to say but it was the truth. All the memories that came within Archer Street, the street we are currently living in, for now at least. This was such an amazing home and never did I want to let go of it for some strangers to come and invade.

"I think that's a good idea, but I think we need a little bit of more time before we let this home go." Collin spoke, for me basically. More time is what we all need. But there isn't enough time to move on, it was now or never.

"Let's just rent out a house somewhere else and continue building our own, in another state of something. A change of scenery is what we all need."

We all agreed on this and decided we all look, see what fits best. Sara is currently living with Dylan, after they lost their unborn baby they decided it was best to move together so they can both survive the pain they went through. Sara is in great hands, Dylan is willing to give up anything for her and I trusted him, he is her mate after all.