Chapter Thirteen

Nathaniel's POV:

"We love you guys all." They all stood their as we showered them in hugs. "Take care."

"Have fun. Be safe."

"Casey kick some ass." We all were saying our goodbyes. We wouldn't be seeing our three kids for three months. Maybe one call but that's it. They will be in intense training. I wanted to cry. I just met them and now they're leaving us. But they want this, this has been their dream for a very long time. There was no way I wouldn't support them. I love them, I feel like they were my own. And they are.

"Oh I will!" It was time to let go as they boarded the bus to leave. With one more wave, other parents there too, crying, saying goodbye to their children and siblings. It broke my heart because some were blown out sobbing. But I knew they would be fine. They are strong warriors.

But Timothy seemed the most upset, I see Collin comforting him in his arms. As the bus left. We all went in to help and comfort Tim. Of course he would be the most upset. These were the lost pups that went and looked for refuge with them and now they were leaving to learn how to fight and survive.

I show so much respect for anyone who is brave enough. I've been there before but in the human part, they endure so much for so little credit. They deserve so much more.

"-Actually gone." Timothy mumbled into Collin's chest. Collin only rubbed his back, there was nothing he could say. His three children were gone. He still was two here but he will miss his others.

"It's okay dad." Sara said. "Consider me here forever."

"This is no excuse for you to be housewife, you will get a degree." Mumbled Timothy. He still wanted his kids to get an education even thought it would hurt him to see them go. Timothy wanted the best for them and I was all for it. We all were. The car ride back home was silent. No one said a word, Collin was still comforting Timothy as I drove. It was all for the best. We just wanted the best for them and this is the best they wanted.

As I drove, I kept thinking about the next house we could built. We had some more property back in the Utah. Maybe another vacation with the kids. I was defiantly not leaving them behind, not now that we know Jacob escaped.

I have an idea of who might have helped him escape.

Some of those memories of when we were trapped inside our own mind, comes back. I see people. But the face I know all too well is Carter. I know it's him. He was always Jacob's puppy, following him around everywhere, asking him if he needed anything. It was pathetic but we couldn't do anything about it. At that time we were useless, Dominic and I. We only had each other but even then we couldn't do anything.

Then we were commanded to beat up Ellie, such a horrid memory. Ellie was a nice person and we hurt him badly. We betrayed Vincent, he helped free us too but we hurt Ellie. We could never repay him for that. But we had not control, Jacob had it all.

All the connections.

Ellie was badly hurt and we were there like nothing. I hated that feeling, emotions were a gift and if one didn't have any, it was a curse yet a blessing. But I preferred to have some emotions after that experience.

Carter was behind it all, even though he helped save us involuntarily, I didn't trust him because he was part of a clan. Clans are always loyal to their family and I'm sure Carter would pick them over his own sister.

"NATHANIEL LOOK OUT!-"

Carter's POV:

"Where were you?" Jacob asked me while setting the food I got him aside. "I've been waiting for you!"

"Jacob I went to see my sister leave for Valley Forge. I wanted to be there." I mumbled while opening the food. We were currently in his hideout. It's been a few weeks since he'd escape and he is on every Wanted poster in the supernatural world. But I helped him find a hiding spot only I could access.

"I was worried. I just never know that maybe one day you won't-"

"They don't suspect a thing." I interrupted when I heard shakiness in his voice. "Just eat okay?" I pulled out the drink for him. "Let's watch some TV." Jacob only stared at me.

"What's wrong?" Jacob asked me.

"Is this real?" he looked at me confusingly. "Are you playing tricks with my mind and making me believe I love you just like you did Dominic and Nathaniel?" I was envious at what they all had. They were all happy and I was here, only being able to see my 'mate' is if I was hiding because he is wanted all over. I wanted to be happy, when was it going to be my turn to be happy with Jacob. But what is it was never going to happen since he has to live hiding since he is most wanted right now?

I shook my head of the thoughts. We will be happy? Was a question?"Are you kidding me Carter?" Jacob looked seriously hurt before turning away. "I have to trick myself into thinking I love you. But then I realize that I really do love you. I love you so much. You loving me is a miracle after everything I put you through. I'm luck that you even tell me you love me. Nathaniel and Dominic met nothing to me, they were just another pawn-"

"What if I'm just another pawn?"

"Never. Carter." Jacob grabbed my hand and looked at me. "You are my Prince in this. You move anywhere you want yet you chose to protect me. I will never take you for granted every again." Jacob took me in for a kiss before pulling away. "Could you do one more thing for me? "