Mistakes

I wake up in a strange room with a pounding headache. I turn my head to the right to see the back of a guy's head.

No. I've been sober for the last 6 months, why did I break the streak?

I scrunch up my noise and narrow my eyes as I lift my head to look outside. I carefully get up and look for my clothes. Once I finally find my clothes and put them on along with grabbing the rest of my stuff, I quietly slip out of his room into a luxurious hallway leading to a huge-ass living room.

At least it wasn't a college frat boy. It was a rich douchebag. Good job drunk Veronica. I shrug to myself as I past another row of rooms.

I grab a sticky note pad from the counter top and write...

Dear man,

  I have slipped out early since I have work soon and because this was most likely a one nightstand. Also because last night was the first time I drank for the last 6 months.

  Sorry if you thought more would come out of this, but come on. We met at a bar when we were both hammer as fuck, what did you expect.

                                 Sincerely,
                                      Veronica

I sign my name like John Hancock did on the Declaration of Independence; ubnocously big and almost illegible. Because I could. I stick the note on the fridge then slide out the window onto the fire escape, putting out my cellphone as I briskly walk down.

"What?" Tiffany whines as she picks up the phone.

Tiffany also had the treatment done along with getting captured by SHIELD with me.

"When do we have to go to work?" I ask.

"5 minutes, hurry up. Where are you?" She questions.

"Uh." I jump off the fire escape. "I don't know. Can you teleport me home?"

"Yep." She sighs.

Home...

I gag as I drop my phone landing in me and Tiff's apartment.

"I told you before," She hangs up her phone. "Side effects to using the teleportation every day."

"Don't think that was a side effect to teleporting, I think it was a side effect  from a hangover." I plop on the couch and close my eyes.

"That's what you get for getting drunk and sleeping around." She counters.

"At least it wasn't Tony Stark." I smirk at her, she glares at me. "Plus this is the first time in 6 months, give me a break!" I whine, she sighs.

"Don't get too comfortable, we leave in a few minutes. Now go get dressed." She commands.

"Okay." I stand up and head to my room. "Mom." I mumble.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?!" She yells at me.

"Oh, nothing..."

-----

I walk into my small room in the apartment and put on my clothes. I put a Nirvana tee-shirt, black leather jacket, leggings, aviators, and greg sneakers. I brush my long dark chestnut hair out then put it up into a high ponytail.

"Hurry your ass up! Fury wants us to meet some people!" Tiff yells from the living room.

"Coming!" I shout back as I grab my phone.

SHIELD...

Tiff and I fly up to the SHIELD helicarrier in a quinjet with a couple of other agents we know a bit.

-----

Once we land on the helicarrier, Hill leads us to a conference room without telling us anything.

"Fury will be with you guys in a minute." Hill commands as she drops the two of us off.

"Okay?" I shrug and sit down in one of the swivel chairs surrounding the big table in the middle of the room.

"Why do you think Fury wants us?" Tiff questions after a few minutes.

"I was wondering when you were going to ask that." Fury walks out of dark corner before I could open my mouth.

"How long were you standing there?" I question tapping my finger on my lips and chin.

"A few seconds. Guess it was just the right timing." He shrugs.

"Always the right timing." I mumble.

"I didn't summon you to chat, Agent Veronica." He says a bit angrily.

"Sorry." I whisper.

"Why did you 'summon' us then?" Tiffany asks.

"I found out something about your guys' history." He smiles a little.

"What is that?" I bite my lip a bit.

"Family."

"Of course you have." I sigh.

"Would you like to meet them?" He asks.

"Do we have a choice?" I sass a bit.

"Nope." He pops the p a bit. "Come on out boys." He smirks.

"OH MY GOD!" Tiff yells as two men come in from the door by Fury, knowing who my obvious father is. "EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE! OF COURSE HE IS YOUR DAD!!"

"We're not sur---"

"Yes, he is." Fury cuts me off.