I Do Need You

Woods

I trip before I can stop and run into a tree.

"Motherfucking shit------" I keep yelling a long string of profanities into the woods as I put a hand on the shoulder that hit the tree.

I walk over to a different tree and sit down next to it, throwing my head back with a sigh.

"Why does having Pietro Maximoff as a friend screw some things in your life up?" I question to myself. "Plus having Tony Stark as a father doesn't help either."

"Having family issues too?" A familiar voice questions as leaves crunch around me.

"Yeah." I mumble running my hands over my face. "What's with your family?" I turn my head slightly to see Tiffany sitting down beside me then I turn my head to the right to see Peter doing the same.

"I just re-met my mother." She states with a tight lip smile.

"Well my ex-boyfriend that I'm in love with just talked to my father who I finally accepted was my actual father about telling me that my father didn't even know I existed and pretty much stated that on the last day my mother was alive she lied to me." I return the tight lip smile.

"I'm just here to comfort people, right now." Peter speaks up.

"Well you're not doing a real good job at it." I mumble.

"Come me're." He commands and pulls me in for a friendly side hug which Tiffany joins in on my left side.

"On your left." She mumbles.

"On your right." Peter mumbles too.

"I fucking hate you guys." I chuckle.

"We love you too." They say at the same time, Tiffany gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"How did Clint break it to you that Laura was your mother?" I question turning my head to look at her.

"Clint and her took me out onto the porch and broke the news. How about you?"

"Porch with Tony then I pinned Pietro to a wall."

"Kinky." I hear the smirk in Tiff's voice.

"Not in that way." I hit her lightly. "I threaten him..."

"Veronica!" Peter scolds, unwrapping his arm.

"What? You've met me!" I defend with my hands up.

"Sadly." He mumbles.

I hold a hand to my heart. "Rude."

"Not sorry." Peter smiles.

"God, so rude."

-----

"I have a question, Tiffany." I say.

"Mhmm?" She hums.

"How do you not remember your mom while I can remember mine?" I look at her.

"... I don't know." She slowly mumbles.

"Maybe because you have more of a memory with your mom." Peter suggests.

"Maybe." I shrug. "But all I can make out is a fuzzy memory most of the time."

"You always remember when the worst things happen to you." Peter pats me on the back. "It'll always haunt you."

"Like Gwen?" Tiffany and I question at the same time.

"And her dad." He sighs.

Tiffany just reaches across me and grabs Peter's hand, giving it a squeeze.

"Wow." I say. "Definitely don't feel like I'm third wheeling it."

Pietro's POV
Later That Night
Woods Still

It's almost 9 pm and Peter, Tiffany and Veronica haven't gone back to the house yet. I know Vern sped off to the woods and so did Tiffany, from what Clint told me. Peter... I'm assuming tried to go find his girlfriend.

So, I was assigned by Stark and Clint to go find them all. But I honestly just want to find Veronica.

I shouldn't of told Tony to tell her that he didn't even know her mom. She knows that I know that her mother is a sensitive topic for her and I just... I know she would have appreciated knowing that but not now, maybe down the line.

But God. Why the hell now!? Her and Stark were getting along so well. She was loosening up a bit more around everyone. We've been hanging out a bit more and I don't want to stop. I lost her for what it seemed was so long and I don't wanna lose her again...

Jesus I sound like Steve talking about Bucky.

-----

I'm speeding around until I hear mumbling.

"Mom... No..."

Veronica.

I speed to her voice.

Veronica's POV
Dream/Flashback

"Mom... No... Please don't go." I plead as tear run down my face.

"Honey, I'm sorry." She apologizes. "I tried to reach out to your father, but he didn't want you." My Mother tells me.

"But I don't want you to go. I don't care about them. I care about you." I tug at her jacket.

"I'm sorry, baby. I don't want to go but I have to." She starts to cry too. "I love you, okay?"

I nod vigorously. "I love you too, Ma."

She leans down to kiss my cheek.

"Stark Bleiben." She whispers her native tongue in my ear as she pulls away. "I love you and I will always will."

"We have to go Agent Schmidt." A guy with a country twang to his voice warns. "We don't want to be late."

"I know, Garret." She spits back.

"Then hurry up." He retorts.

"Goodbye, Veronica." My mother says walking backwards towards the man. "Remember, always remember, 'Stark Blieben'."

End
Veronica's POV

I wake up crying and shaking, it's happening again. But before I can start completely freaking out, I feel a hand running through my hair, calming me down.

"Shhh." They coo. "It's fine." They kiss my hand then start rubbing circles on my knuckles.

I open my eyes too see Peter and Tiffany hunched over with us still in the woods, only at night time though. But the thing that keeps my focus is that Pietro is kneeling on the ground next to me, rubbing circles on my knuckles.

"Pietro." I manage to whisper.

"I'm here, dragă." He smiles softly. "I'm sorry, I know you're mad and don't need me but I'm not going to leave you right now."

I just smile a little bit through the tears and pull him close to me; my arms around his shoulder, head buried in his neck, and his arms around my waist, face in hair.

"I'm sorry, Pietro." I whisper. "I'm not mad at you and I do need you." I admit. "I love and need you so, so, so much."

"I love and need you too, Veronica." He says back, planting a kiss on my neck.