Diner

Flashback..

"Pietro!" Clint whines as Pietro starts to shake his leg in super speed, shaking the whole couch as Clint tries to each cereal.

"I'm sorry!" He apologizes. "I can't stop moving."

"No shit." He retorts standing up and plopping down on the armchair. "Do something about your brother."

"Is he bouncing again?" Wanda questions sitting down next to her brother.

"Obviously."

"Here." Wanda just sets a hand on Pietro's shoulder and he stops.

"How the hell did you do that?" Clint demands, annoyed.

"Doctor Banner said if someone who has a connection with the person sets a hand on them they'll calm down." Wanda explains.

"How?"

"Dr. Banner said the touch reminds them of something to, in his case, slow down for."

"Ugh. Sibling connections." Clint scoffs eating a spoonful of cereal.

"Doesn't just have to be blood related connections. It just has to be a strong enough connection that makes them feel something."

Present Time
Diner...

After finishing up at H&M, we decided to go to a diner to get something to eat since we haven't had breakfast or lunch yet. So right now Tiffany, Pietro, Peter, and I are sitting in a booth at a 40's style diner near Avengers Tower.

"Hello, darlin's. My name is Scarlett." The waitress says in a fake southern belle drawl. I nudge Pietro with my arm when she says her name. "And I will be your waitress today," She hands out the menus. "is there any drinks you would like to start with?"

We all look around at each other and shrug.

"Waters for everyone is fine." Pietro nods.

"Alright." She smiles at him. "Be right back, honey'." She winks and walks away.

I roll my eyes at Scarlett and Tiffany gives me a really look, I shrug as I look at the menu.

After Ordering...

"What's got you all jumpy?" Peter questions noticing me tapping my fingers on the table with my super speed while looking out the window every few minutes.

"I don't know, what's got you all jumpy?" I retort, he raises an eyebrow at me. "Sorry." I mumble dropping my head, looking down at my lap.

"Stop tapping your fingers." Tiffany commands bringing the glass of water to her lips.

"Sorr-"

"This is from the lady sitting at the counter." Scarlett says putting a basket of onion rings and a pitcher of Mt. Dew on the table. "She says 'I was never here'."

I look over at the diner's counter to see the cashier from the Walgreens that almost got robbed before I stopped it. She smiles and waves at me, I smile and wave back.

"Tell her I said thanks." I smile at the waitress, she nods and walks away.

"Who was that?" Tiffany questions grabbing one of the onion rings.

"Uh." I scratch the back of my neck remembering the memory. "You remember that day when I came home with a DUI?"

"You came home with a DUI?" Peter demands.

"Yeah, anyways." I ignore him. "I went to Walgreens, that's why I had the soccer ball and stuff. I had a little run-in and there was this guy with a gun. She was the cashier and I tackled her before she got shot." I sum up.

"You were the red blur on the security tapes they were talking about in the newspaper?" Peter realizes.

"You're the only one who reads the paper, Parker." I sigh.

"I swear to God, Veronica. Stop tapping your fingers." Tiff commands again, slightly annoyed.

"I'm sorry!" I apologize. "Ever since we've been training and running more, I've been so hyperactive."

"You've always been hyperactive." She exclaims as I start to shake my leg too.

"No! I've been hyperactive since Hydra but it's been showing up more now."

"Its because of you getting used to speeding around more." Pietro explains. "When Wanda and I started training with the Avengers, I got more energetic since my speed was getting used more. I ran around the tower a lot, fidgeted when I was sat still for a long period of time."

"How'd you stop it?!" Tiffany demands, obviously annoyed.

Pietro reaches over and grabs my hand in his. I immediately stop moving entirely and my eyes go wide as my face turns red. Tiffany smirks at me.

"And how does that help?" I manage to stifle out.

"Wanda put her hand on my arm or shoulder when I started to fidget." He explains, pausing slightly. "And you seem to be not moving at all so." He shrugs, rubbing circles on my knuckles and smiling slightly.

"Here are you burgers." Scarlett says, setting down Peter and Tiff's plates in front of them, catching a glimpse of Pietro holding my hand. She takes an annoyed deep breath and sets down my plate 'accidentally' knocking over my drink. "Sorry." She says fakely.

"Lucky I have quick reflexes." I smile holding the glass at an angle.

"Yeah." She sighs. "Lucky." She mumbles bitterly and walks away.

"She seems a bit clumsy." Peter comments eating a french fry.

Tiffany scoffs. "Sure, clumsy."

"Why the scoff?" He questions.

"Oh, my sweet, stupid, beautiful Peter Parker." Tiffany sighs. "She was obviously flirting with Pietro so when she saw him holding Vern's hand, she got jealous and tried to spill the drink on her."

"No, she wasn't." Peter shakes his head.

"Yes, she was."

"No, she wasn't."

"Fine." Tiff takes a deep breath and turns to him. "If she tries to ruin whatever she thinks that is," She gestures to me an Piet. "one more time, you have to pay. If she doesn't, I'll pay."

"Deal." They shake hands.

Check Time...

"Here is your check." Scarlett sets it on the table, Peter smiles victoriously at Tiffany as he hands her the check. "I'm sorry but I just realized something." She looks at me, I raise an eyebrow. "I know you."

"Oh... The feelz." I hear Tiff mumble, I kick her under the table earning a glare from her.

"I'm sorry, but I don't recall seeing you anywhere." I say politely.

"Well, duh." She scoffs taking out the magazine from behind her back and unravelling it. "You're the girl on the cover." She points the the picture of me and Stark at the shawarma place the other day. "Is it true?"

Tiffany smiles and hands the check to Peter. Peter deeply sighs and takes out his wallet.

Pietro scoffs while shaking his head and running his hands down his face making the waitress smile.

"If Stark was your boyfriend, that'd be... complicated." Piet laughs.

"And disgusting." Tiff adds.

"I do not understand." Scarlett speaks up.

"He's my father." I state, her face drops slightly.

"Oh."

"Yeah." I nod.