Oh, Walgreens

Few Moments After...

"All I remember is the Red Room." Tiffany starts to explain her story. "I was like, 10. They trained me to be an assassin, along with teaching us ballet for some reason... It was weird." Natasha chuckles a bit while taking a sip from her beer. "Anyways, the taught me how to kill pretty much. Few years later they did what they usually do to growing females in the Red Room." Tiff says quickly, Natasha and Banner look at either other slightly then at the floor. "Another few years later I was on a mission and I got captured by Hydra since my target worked for them. They sent me to Slovenia for that volunteering thing for Striker's experiment. Then the rest is like Vern's story but with no drinking and slutting around." She concludes quickly.

"What," I start to ask after a couple of minutes ignoring her comment. "What happened before she got to the Red Room?" I ask looking down at Barton.

"Uh." He scratches the back of his head. "Me and Laura had Tiff before SHIELD, once I joined SHIELD she was about 7. You thought it was cool that your father was going to be an agent saving the world from bad guys." He smiles turning to Tiff. "But you didn't know how to shut up."

"That is still, very true." I mumble, Clint laughs and shakes his head, Tiffany hits my leg, I kick her back, lightly.

"Hydra found our old house and took her and Laura hostage a couple years after I joined SHIELD, well at least I thought it was Hydra but now I know it was the Red Room people looking for new recruits." He stares at the floor. "They took Tiff and left Laura. She called me crying her eyes out. Fury tried helping us find her but we didn't find anything until today." He smiles, Tiff jumps at him and hugs him.

Couple Minutes Later...

"Well." I finally speak up as they still hug making... most of us feel uncomfortable (Aka just me and Tony)... "I'm uncomfortable." I stand up and walk towards the elevator.

"Where are you going?" Wanda questions in her awesome Slovenian accent.

"It's late, I'm gonna go sleep." I shrug turning around to face everyone while entering the elevator. "Or watch Netflix, or a movie, or run, or something."

"By the way, Tiffany and Veronica, I'm going to need you in the lab tomorrow." Stark speaks up a bit weakly. "Fury is overnighting me your guy's files, I just need to get you guys in the system and do some testing with your powers."

"K." I nod and push the button to Tiff and I's floor. "Night, guys." I take a deep breath as the elevator close. I lean against the elevator walls and take deep calming breaths.

Our Floor...

The elevator doors open and I walk towards the mini bar in our apartment. I grab a bottle of red wine and pull the cork out making a slight popping noise. I drink it out of the bottle while walking to my room. Once I enter my room I scrabble around my room for something comfortable to wear. I finally find some grey sweats and a white tee shirt. Which I immediately regret since I already spilled wine on it. I take it off and throw it across the room, failing to land in the hamper. I grab a red long sleeve athletic shirt and put it on then plopping on the bed.

4am...

I wake up with a pounding headache again and an empty wine bottle... Or two next to me. I feel like absolute shit. I get up and grab my black tennis shoes, grab my phone, slip it into my sweatpants' deep pocket, and put my hair up in a loose lazy ponytail. I slowly walk out my room to the kitchen and grab an apple. The apple crunches as I take bites out of it while walking to the elevator, shoes tucked under my arm.

Tony's Floor...

I don't want to run to Walgreens since I'm majorly hungover and speeding around will just make me want to throw up, so I take the elevator up to Tony's floor to steal-- I mean borrow one of his car keys so I can drive. I put down my shoes and apple in the elevator then walk swiftly on my heels towards the bowl on the counter in his little kitchen area. I hear light snoring noise coming from the open bedroom door. The keys jingle a bit and I cringe at the sound. I look over at the open door to see if that quiet sound woke up Tony or Pepper but all I see is Tony's arm hanging off the side of the bed. I run on my heels, trying not to make a sound, into the elevator that was luckily still open.

Underground Garage...

I push the unlock button on the keys to see a dark blue Mini Cooper's lights blink, I laugh a bit.

The "great" Tony Stark owns a blue Mini Cooper. I'm done.

Walgreens...

I drive into the Walgreens' parking lot at 4:30am...

Judge me.

I park the car and take out the keys while grabbing my wallet out of the middle console then getting out of the car. Only a few cars are in the parking lot, most likely the employees that take the graveyard shift.

"Welcome to Walgreens." The cashier greets as I walk in. I return the greet with a smile and head straight to the toy/random shit aisle. I grab a red soccer ball with white letters and a pair of deep blue streaks going up half the side of the ball, its not in a weird box just has a sticker for a price. I walk to the freezer/snack aisle by the pharmacy and photograph printer area to get some Mountain Dew and hiker's mix.

I walk up to the cashier to see a guy with a black baseball cap in all black digging his hand into his oddly shape pocket. I eye his pocket then my eyes widen when I realize why and what is in his pocket. The cashier gives me a weird look and looks at the guys pocket, very subtlety.

"You-- you have a gun!!!" The cashier yells, I roll my eyes at her stupidity to actually yell that.

"Indeed, I do." The man says pulling out the gun and aiming it at the lady as she pushes the button under the counter then raising her hands up in surrender. He aims his gun at me, I drop my stuff to raise my hands up.