I Was Never Here

"Indeed, I do." The man says pulling out the gun and aiming it at the lady as she pushes the button under the counter then raising her hands up in surrender. He aims his gun at me, I drop my stuff to raise my hands up.

"Give me your money and stuff." He says forcefully but I just stare absentmindedly at the counter with my hands still raised. I hear the woman struggle to get the register open. "HURRY!!" He yells. The lady purposefully fails trying to slow down the process. "I'm not afraid to shoot you." He threatens a bit too aggressively, that seemed to snap me back into reality as the oh too familiar click of gun. My mind goes into mission mode as I try to develop a plan quickly in my head.

"That's it." He says with some unexpected venom dripping from his voice as he pulls the trigger. My eyes widen and everything kind of goes in slow motion. I pull back the soccer ball so it rolls up my foot a bit and kick the ball up. Then I run through the small opening between the counter and the spot where they bag the items and tackle the girl down as the bullet nears her face while time slowly turns back to regular speed.

The lady grunts as I fall onto her as the bullet speeds up into the wall where she was standing and the soccer ball hits the guy's hand, knocking the gun onto the counter.

"You okay?" I look down at the chick, she nods in a bit of shock about what just happened. I sigh in relief a bit as I hang my head then hear a bit of metal scurry across the counter's surface. I bolt up clumsily and make a flicking motion with my hand using my powers to make the air push the gun off the counter onto the floor. I grab the gun while standing up, raising it up at the guy but he isn't there.

"Did you push the button under the counter?" I ask the lady who is still on the floor, looking over my shoulder while I hang my head.

"Yeah. Should be coming soon." She says a bit breathless while getting up.

"Good. He shouldn't be too far from here so I'll be right back." I warn her as I walk backwards towards the door and then speed off.

Literally A Few Seconds Later...

I speed back with the guy and throw him onto the floor, him kind of unconscious, as the lady smokes a cigarette. I give her a really look, she just shrugs.

"I smoke when I'm stressed." She offers as I sigh picking up the ball, hikers mix, and Mt. Dew.

"I used to drink when I'm stressed." I take out my wallet and slap a little too much cash onto the counter. "Never turned out well--Anyways, if the police ask, I was never here. If they check the tapes, you don't know who I am." I say then walk out of the store to Stark's Cooper.

As I drive off I pass a cop car on it's way to Walgreens. I smile a bit.

Road...

For the rest of the drive home my mind wandered a bit. It goes back to some good memories, some about my mom, some about whatever good memories I had in Sokovia,  some at SHIELD, some really  good memories from Sokvia, like reeeeally good memories then I start to think about my mom some more. Then that leads me into a dark hole of Hydra memories. You see, once I start thinking about Hydra, I can't stop until I release my angry out on something. Before you ask, yes I have some anger issues. But only when it comes to some Hydra stuff. For example if Tiff and I get into an argument, I won't end up punching her in the face. If I reclaim a Hydra memory like them testing my powers with injecting. I finally come back to reality when I hear sirens.

"Oh shit." I mumble while pulling over with the cop car still following me. 

Few Moments Later...

"Is there a problem officer?" I question as the man in an all blue uniform leans over with his hand on the door.

"Well you seemed to be swerving on the road, would you please step out of the vehicle." He commands politely while stepping away from  the car so I can get out.

"Of course, officer." I say with a hint of annoyance in my voice as I get out of the car.

"Get on the line."

I follow his orders.

"Walk on the line please."

I do as so, flawlessly I might add.

"Well, blow on this."  He hands me a breathalyzer.

Thank God because this could have gone two different directions. I say in my head. I take the breathalyzer and blow. I take it out of my mouth when it beeps, he reads it.

"Yeah, you're going to have to come with me." He says while reading it.

"What!" I exclaim.

=====

Short chapter.

I don't wanna reread it for mistakes so deal with it if it does.

~Meowlnir