Part 1

A/N: This is an extremely short first chapter, but if I remember correctly most of the chapters in this book are pretty short. But yeah, hope you guys like it!

***

It had been raining for the past three days. It pounded against the bus windows with anger as we drove down the highway to our next destination. The White Stripes played through my headphones as I closed my eyes again to try and sleep. It had been a few days since I've actually gotten a full night's sleep and I was really looking forward to this five-hour drive to Texas.

We had been on the road for almost a month now and everything seems to be going great. The guys are happy, playing shows every other night and meeting new people in every city we come to. They were meant to do this. It was like a part of their DNA.

I felt a hand touch my cheek and I opened my eyes, "You okay?"

I put my hand over his, "Yeah, just tired."

"Come on, you need to lie down," Frank pulled me up from me sitting position on the couch and guided me to the bunk area.

I lay down in Frank's bunk and closed my eyes, sleep weighing heavily on my brain. It felt good to finally get some rest.

Everything was dark when I opened my eyes again. I was pushed closer to the wall, Frank lying next to me breathing heavily in his sleep. I freed myself from his grasp, maneuvering my way over him, falling out of the bunk with a quiet thud.

"Ow," I rubbed my butt as I stood trying to gain my bearings once again.

I walked out into the lounge/kitchen area. I looked out the window to see the night sky growing darker with every passing second. I pulled my phone from my pocket, 9:38. Great, another sleepless night.