Part 14

The sweat ran down my cheek as I lay there on the cold hard ground. My eyes were shut tightly hoping that the pain would stop... it didn't. Hands ran over my body and as I searched for the unknown person, I couldn't see a thing. I screamed out for help, but in the back of my mind I knew no one was coming, that it was hopeless to even try. I screamed again as I felt the blade of a knife run across my skin.

- - -

I jolted up from my sleeping position in a scared and confused daze, eyes wide and heart pounding. It was just a dream? I took a few breaths, trying to even out my heart rate and wiped the sweat from my forehead and pushed my hair back from my face. Ever since the prank war had ended my mind had nothing else to distract me from what had happened. I had hoped that because I felt comfortable with the boys again that everything would be find, but I guess my mind had other plans.

"Lenny," I could barely hear him.

I looked down at Frank's face, who laid next to me in bed, to see him looking very concerned. "Bad dream?"

I nodded, still not being able to talk. I didn't want to tell him what the dream was about. I didn't want to tell him that I had been having nightmares for the past week and a half and I didn't want to tell him that the thought of it was eating away my insides. I couldn't tell him anything because I didn't want him to worry.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He sat up next to me, rubbing my back.

I shook my head, avoiding his soft gaze. I knew that if I looked into those hazel eyes of his I would break down and tell him everything. I just didn't want him to over think it and start asking questions that I may not be comfortable with answering.

I stared at the wall in front of me. "Lets just go back to sleep," I laid back down and turned to face the wall next to me.

"Okay," He whispered.

I could feel his arm wrap around my waist and pull my back against his chest, my heart fluttering at just the bit of contact. I shut my eyes tightly and tried to force myself to sleep. I felt his breath on the back of my neck.

"Lennox, you know you can tell me anything," It was barely a whisper.

I gulped, my voice cracking. "I- I know."

"I love you so much."

I exhaled a breath of air, but said nothing in return. I just laid there, trying to get that night out of my head and the over exaggerations that my brain was plaguing me with.