Part 6

My body was rigid as I lay in my own bunk for the first time this whole tour. I faced the wall so no one could see my face, so no one could see how ashamed I felt. I hadn't talked to any of the guys since that night in the bathroom with Frank and that was almost three days ago. I think they've gotten pretty used to my routine by now.

I would wake up, take a shower, maybe drink some coffee and sit in my bunk and listen to music. A little after four every day Gerard would pull back my curtain and place a backstage pass next to me, hoping that maybe I would come out of hiding and watch them play.

I checked my phone for the time, 4:21pm. Gerard should be coming any minute. As if on queue the curtain was pulled back. I just laid there without moving. I felt a hand slide down my back; I knew that touch anywhere.

"Lenny." It was Frank.

I didn't move from my spot facing the wall.

"Lennox, please." His voice was strained.

I gave in and forced myself to turn over and look into his sad, tired eyes. He set a backstage pass down on the bed next to me and then looked back up at me.

"It would be really great if you would come watch me play tonight." He looked away from a second, "I miss you."

I sighed and reached my hand out, touching his cheek; he looked at me, "I miss me too."

He looked at me sadly and stroked my hand, "Please come back to me, I miss you. I miss your smile... and your laugh... everything."

I closed my eyes, "I'm trying Frank... But it's just going to be hard."

He sighed and nodded, kissing my forehead, "Please try to come tonight, okay?"

"Maybe... I'll try."

He moved away from me and closed the curtain again. Immediately I turned back over to face the wall. Everything he had said was true, I too missed all those things, but finding them again was going to be the hard part. After a good hour and a half I turned back over and sat up slightly looking down at the pass. Maybe I should try tonight, try for Frank and the rest of the guys. I picked up the pass and sighed. But tonight I want the real concert experience.

I pushed my way through the crowd as I tired to get closer to the stage. It was the first time in a while that I had been to a show like this and it scared the shit out of me. My body ached from not moving for so long and as I made my way closer to the front of the crowd it only got worse, but it was something I had to do and the closer I got to the stage the more of a smile appeared on my face.

It was a very small venue so everyone was smashed together into one swarming mass of bodies. The adrenaline running through me was the best feeling I've had in almost two weeks. I wanted to get up passed the pit before MCR came on, so then I wouldn't get caught in it, which would only worsen my aching bones. But just my luck, as the crowd started to dissipate I realized I was standing in the middle of where I didn't want to be. Someone hit the lights and people started screaming and I bolted for the wall of people in front of me.