Part 32

I picked at another combination of notes as Mikey watched me perfect yet another one of the five songs he had shown me how to play. The grin on his face only grew bigger as I ended and looked up at him in question. When I had started playing the bass I honestly hadn't expected to pick it up as fast as I did, but now that I knew I was good, I couldn't stop myself from playing every day.

"That was just about perfect!! I cant believe you're this good at playing already." He stood and walked toward me.

I shrugged, playing it cool. "I'm okay."

"Please, you're a natural," He smiled and headed for the door. "Now we know whose going to join the bad if I die or something!"

I made a face at just the idea. "Lets hope that never happens."

I then grinned and thanked him anyway before I stood and followed him out of the garage. Gerard and Ray were sitting in the kitchen eating sandwiches and talking about tour dates. I sat down in the chair next to Gerard and leaned my head on his shoulder, listening to the two talk for a while.

"Is tour all you guys think about?"

They both turned and looked at me with serious faces. "Yes," They said at the same time.

I rolled my eyes and glanced over at Mikey to see him with an amused look on his face.

"Should I be worried about you two?"

We both looked over at Gerard and everything was silent for a second.

"Cause you know, Lenny, I don't think your boyfriend would be too please to know that your two-timing him." There was a playful grin on his face.

"One, Gee, he's not my boyfriend. And two, yes," I winked at Mikey playfully. "You do have to worry."

Gerard frowned, pointing his finger from me to him and then back again. I nodded and grabbed Mikey's hand that was resting on the table.

He laughed loudly and stood. "Like that would ever happen!"

I rolled my eyes again and Mikey took his hand back. "Whatever Gerard, don't be jealous just because Mikey and I have such a great attraction to each other."

Gerard turned from his position at the refrigerator. "Lennox, now you're just taking this a little too far."

I shrugged. "It's what I do best."

At that second the front door burst open and Frank and Bob came running into the kitchen. It was odd that even on breaks when we should be off catching up with other people, we still ended up in our group.

"So what'd we miss?" Frank asked in a very happy-go-lucky tone.

A smirk formed on Gerard's lips and he glanced at me slyly. "We'll see who takes it too far."

"What does that mean?" Bob and Frank both gave him the weirdest look.

Gerard pointed at me and yelled. "Lennox and Mikey are totally dating!"

Everything fell silent as the air turned thick from Gerard's statement. Everyone turned to look at Mikey and I, except for Ray who knew what was going on and only shook his head.

A second later Frank and Bob both burst into laughter, clutching their stomachs. "Like that would ever happen!"

Everyone else laughed along with them and I just rolled my eyes for the third time in less then 10 minutes. Boys.