Part 5

The person who stared back at me in the mirror was not myself. This person's hair was greasy and matted and her eyes were dull and lifeless. I touched my cheek where the man had hit me twice, it was bruised a dark purpley-black color with a hint of a yellow tint. I winced at the pain it caused and quickly pulled away. There was a knock on the door.

"Lennox, you in there?" It was Frank.

"Y-yeah," I managed to get out.

It was quiet for a second, "Are you okay?"

"No," I gripped my chest, my breath catching in my throat, as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Lennox, please let me in," He begged and jiggled the door handle.

"No." I pushed myself against the door, "I want to be alone."

"But you shouldn't be," He voice came out as a whisper.

"You just don't understand, Frank." I stared at the ground.

"But I'm trying to," His voice cracked.

I sighed and slid down the door, moving to the side and finally unlocking it. The door opened a second later and a very upset Frank came in. He sat down against the cabinet under the sink and just stared at me. There was barely enough room in here for two people. I didn't look at him but I knew he wanted me to talk to him.

"I don't know what you want me to say, Frank."

"You don't have to say anything."

I looked up into his sad eyes. They almost matched mine perfectly. I moved over and in between his legs so I could lay my head on his chest. I couldn't cry, it's not that I didn't want to because believe me I did, I just couldn't. Everything was just numb now, there were no more tears left. Frank's arms wrapped around me and I could feel some of the pressure on my head lessen just from his slightest touch.

I looked up at him and tried my hardest to smile, "I'm going to try, okay?"

"You don't have to," His face had no emotion now.

"Yes I do," I shook my head, "I have to for you, for the guys... and for me. I don't like feeling like this. It's killing me."

"It's only been a few days Lenny, it's understandable for you to be like this," His grip tightened around me.

"But I hate it." I shut my eyes, my bottom lip starting to shake, "I hate this empty feeling. I hate myself for letting it happen... I'm so stupid."

"Hey," He took my face in his hands trying to avoid the bruise, "You're not stupid. It's not even your fault... It was just bad timing and I don't think any of us saw it coming."

I stared at his stunning face trying to believe what he was saying. I closed my eyes and laid my head back down on his chest again.

"I have to try... At some point, I have to try."