Part 24

I watched as Mario jumped up onto the next block and then onto the next one. I sighed in a bored manner as I rapidly clicked the 'A' button on the Gameboy I held in my hands. This was the only thing I had that could distract me at this point. I glanced up momentarily to see Gerard walk onto the bus and sit down next to me.

"So I heard you and Frank finally talked," He watched me carefully as he spoke.

"Yes, we did," I said flatly.

"And?" Gerard watched me with curiosity written all over his face.

I paused the game and sat up straighter. "And we're just going to be friends... for now."

"For now?" His face turned to slight anger.

"Yeah." I shrugged like it wasn't a big deal, not understanding his change in mood. Didn't he want Frank and I to work out our problems?

"He cheated on you, Lennox," He leaned forward, his serious tone making me nervous. "And you're just going to forgive him like that?!"

I gave him a hard look. "Don't be like that Gerard. I'm trying to make both of us happy and I cant stand seeing him the way he is anymore!"

He looked away, his shoulders slumping down. "So you're still in love with him, huh?"

I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair, pushing some of it behind my ears. "It's hard not to be, Gerard. You just don't understand."

"Yes I do."

I gave him a questioning look. "Gerard, please! Don't do this to me. "

He stood, glaring at me slightly. "I'm not doing anything Lennox. I'm just giving you another option."

With that he walked back into the bunk area, my eyes wide as I watched him walk away, lips parted in awe. Did he just tell me that he loves me? Did he really just put himself out there as an alternative option to Frank?

It took me a moment to gain my composure again, my thoughts running wild as I clicked the start button on my Gameboy again. Frank and I weren't dating, we still had to work up to that possibility and as I leaned back against the couch to resume my game, I tried to get the thought of going out with Gerard out of my head. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

***

A/N: :))) Drama!

Anyway, looking through the chapters to the third book and realized that there are actually 29 chapters!! Which means more goodness for you, but more editing for me lol. A while ago I said I would tell you guys the title to the third book and now is that time! The third and final book is called Graveyard Dancing. Get excited people!

I really hope you are all enjoying this.