Part 22

My feet tapped against the ground as I sat at a picnic table place conveniently outside the venue's back entrance. Spencer and Aaron from Underoath sat across from me watching me with amused faces as I bounced up and down in my seat.

"You need to chill a little bit, girly," Aaron spoke as he chewed on the lunch someone had brought him not too long ago.

"But I'm so excited!"

Spencer chuckled, shaking his head at my immaturity. "It's not that big of a deal Lennox and it's only for tonight."

I playfully glared at both of them before I turned my face upward, letting the hot sun beat down on it. "I know, but it's still going be so much fun."

They both laughed. "If you think standing behind a small table and having sweaty teenaged kids scream at you is fun then I don't know what fun is anymore."

I smiled and shrugged. "It's a merch table. How hard could it be?"

Later that night I stood behind the small table just like I had been instructed to. Sweaty kids were talking loudly at me and yet I could barely hear what they were saying as they pointed at the clothing hanging behind me on the wall. I looked at one kid as he asked for a white Underoath t-shirt. I grabbed one for him and he gave me the exact amount it cost. This went on for a good while until the show actually started. This was just the distraction I needed right now.

Kids ran for the stage and I slumped down in the fold out chair against the wall and sighed as I heard a strange noise.

"Psst!"

I sat up straighter in my chair and glanced around, but saw no one I knew.

"Psssst!!!"

I looked to my left and saw a young girl about 13 standing by the side of the merch table. I smiled over at her and stood up.

"How can I help you with something?"

"Do you know My Chemical Romance?"

I smiled slightly. "Yes, I do."

She beamed up at me. "Do- do you think you could get them to sign this for me?" She handed me a magazine clipping of one of their articles.

I smiled and took it from her, thinking for a second. "Are you here by yourself?"

She shook her head. "No, my sister brought me." She pointed to a girl dressed in black standing by the bar drinking from a water bottle.

"How bout you come to the back with me quick and I'll see if I can find the guys so you can meet them too."

She squealed and nodded enthusiastically. It was so nice to see that even people as young as her could be influence by my friends' music. "That would be so cool!"

I nodded and called over Johnny, one of Uneroath's crewmembers. "Could you watch the table for a few minutes? Please!"

He groaned but agreed anyway. With that I grabbed the young girl's arm and lead her toward the backstage area. I walked toward where I knew MCR's dressing room was and just walked right in, the tiny girl next to me looking nervous. The guys were spread out around the room all doing their normal before show rituals.

"Hey guys." I smiled at them.

"Hey Len," Gerard looked up from the mirror he was sitting in front of. "Who's this cutie?"

I smiled and looked down at the girl who was in complete awe. "Oh this is my new friend, she wanted you guys to sign this for her." I held out the piece of paper she had given me earlier.

With that said all the guys stood and walked over to us. The girl was so excited she couldn't say anything even when the guys asked her questions she only nodded her head. When I took her back out to the main area she squealed and hugged me tightly, thanking me before running off to gloat to her sister that she had jus tmet their favorite band.

I smiled and headed back behind the merch table relieving Johnny from his position. I sat back down in the fold out chair and sighed, happy with my one good deed of the day.