Part 19

I lay in my bunk listening to none other than My Chemical Romance - sometimes their music just soothed me. My eyes were barely open, but I could still feel someone's presence next me and I slowly turned to see Gerard staring at me intensely. I gave him a weird look and turned down my music just enough so it sounded like a soft whisper in the back of my mind.

"So guess what?" He looked at me with a half smile.

"Hmm?"

"There's a party tonight," He looked at me hopefully. "I think you should come."

I stayed quiet, thinking about if going this party would end well. Somehow I always seemed to spend my nights cooped up in my bed.

"It could be good for you to actually get out and do something, you know? Be social with other people," His voice quiet as if he was trying not to offend me with his words.

I sighed, knowing he was right so I nodded my head reluctantly. "I guess I'll go for a little bit."

Gerard grinned and hopped up and down excited. "Great! Now I'm really excited!"

I rolled my eyes and turned my music up again. He glared at me playfully, but said nothing and walked away. A moment later I heard a loud voice, so I turned my music down again.

Gerard walked back into the bunk area, staring straight at me. "By the way bitch," He waved his finger in my face with his eyebrow cocked in a sassy manner. "Party bus leaves at 10!!"

It was now my turn to glare at him, flipping him off in the process. He laughed louder than needed and ran back to the front of the bus in a hurry. I sighed and turned my music up once again.

Maybe tonight I could talk to Frank about what happened. Maybe we could talk about the way we had left things and hopefully get everything back to normal again.