Part 38

I sat with bass in hand in the back lounge area of the bus. Mikey sat a few feet away with his instrument resting on his lap as well. My fingertips had grown calloused and rough over the very short time of me playing this instrument, but it felt good. It felt right.

The end of this tour was coming sooner than I think any of us realized. By then it would be almost September, and we would be missing the first few weeks of our final year in high school. But to be completely honest, I didn't plan on going back to school and I don't think Frank and Mikey did either. They had made their dreams come true and they were going to ride it out for as long as they could.

"Yeah," Mikey dragged out the 'e' as he bopped his head to the tune I was creating. "That has a nice groove. I like that!"

I smiled over at him as I continued over the bassline again and again until it sounded exactly how I wanted it. I scribbled notes and changes down on a piece of paper in hopes it would help bring about an entire song to go with it. I looked up at the sound of the door sliding open and I bit at my lip when I saw Frank come into view. He smiled back and me, coming over and pecking my lips before plopping himself down on the couch next to me.

This is how it had been recently. Mikey and I would practice daily before their soundcheck and then after the show I'd spend all my time with my boyfriend. It felt nice to be able to called Frank my boyfriend again. Even though what he had done to cause us to break up in the first place still turned my stomach, I was finally over it.

I had gotten over a lot of things in these last couple of weeks and I believed that was because of my new found love for playing music. It kept my mind occupied and free of stress. There were no more nightmares, I didn't even think about that night anymore. And the cuts on my arm that had caused such an issue for me my entire teenaged years were now faded and had already blended into my skin.

I felt like I had finally come into my own. But still there was something pulling at my mind every night I watched my five best friends play on stage to hundreds of people. A new dream had formed in my head and it was almost time for me to go out and fulfill it.

"You've gotten so good," Frank mused as he leaned his head on my shoulder briefly before looking up at me with his big eyes.

"You make it sound like you didn't think I could do it!" I laughed, Mikey shaking his head at Frank's statement.

"That's not true!" He pouted as he wrapped his arms around my waist and I squealed loudly as he pulled me onto his lap. I kept a tight grip on my bass so it wouldn't go crashing to the ground.

"I believe you can do anything." He smiled down at me and I could feel my heart swell up with happiness.

Maybe he was right. If I put my mind to it I could accomplish so much.

***

A/N: Only one more chapter GUYYYSS!! This chapter I just wrote like a few days ago so I hope it doesn't seem too out of place with the rest of the book. Anywho, I will be posting the last chapter sometime this weekend and along with it the first part to Graveyard Dancing. So look out for that!!!

As always, thank you for reading this ridiculously long book. I applaud you greatly if you've stayed to read the whole thing.