Part 33

I hopped onto the tour bus with a smile on my face; it was good to be back on the road again. I missed it. It was such a freeing feeling to travel around the country with friends. I put my duffle bag and backpack into my top bunk and opened the curtain to the bunk that was under mine.

"Bobby-boy," He took his headphones off and gave me a questioning look. "Do you know where Gee is?"

He shrugged. "I think he said something about going to get coffee."

"Ooh," I nodded and I quickly scrambled up and into my bunk, hitting Bob in the process.

"Ow! Lennox," Bob laughed and hit my leg as I made my way onto the bed.

I peered over the edge of my bed and looked down at him sheepishly. "Sorry! Thought you'd be used to it by now."

It was almost 20 minutes before Gerard made it back on the bus and came in to the bunk area to hand around coffee. I opened my curtain and grabbed the coffee from his hands with a big smile on my face.

It was about 6:30AM when we finally got onto the highway and on the road to the first venue. I was fast asleep in my bunk the whole way there, and of course the only thing I could dream about was Frank. But he also seemed to be all I thought about when I was awake too. It was like back when we had first met and the crush I had on him was only growing more and more. I would steal glances at him sometimes to see him looking right back at me. It was cute and caused my heart to flutter.

I woke up to banging and screaming from the bunk beneath me. I groaned and rolled over, ripped open the curtain to see one too many people in Bob's bed.

"Frank!! Get out of that bed right now so I can sleep!" I yelled angrily, half awake.

He giggled and stood from the bunk. "You want me to come up there?"

I blushed and shut the curtain in his face. "No!"

I heard him laugh. "Aw, Lenny, don't be like that!"

I opened the curtain again, my head now on my pillow. "You'd be too much of a distraction for me to fall asleep again."

He smiled, his eyes bright as he leaned forward and whispered. "I'm glad I still have that kind of effect on you."

Heat rose on my cheeks and I felt a giddy feeling seize my heart and I quickly pulled to curtain shut before I said something stupid. I wasn't going to be able to resist him for much longer, especially since we were once again living in tight quarters on the bus.

We ended up in the first city mid afternoon. With the sun high in sky, our group of six headed down the street for a meeting with their tour manager.

"Gee, where are we eating again?" I asked from the back of the group, rubbing my stomach as I thought about how hungry I was.

"Our manager wants us to meet him at this Japanese restaurant. It should be just a couple blocks down."

I made a face and kept quiet for the rest of the walk there. We sat a large table in the back of the place where not many people could see us. Everyone ordered something different off the menu and waited for MCR's manager to start talking. It was a laid back meeting, just talking about the rest of the tour and a couple of signings that they were going to have; nothing too fancy.

"Mikey, what is that?" I point at the sushi on his plate.

He shrugged and took another bite. "I have know clue, but it tastes really good."

I chuckled and shook my head. "You're weird."

He made a face as he kept eating... whatever he was eating.