Part 9

My heart pounded in my chest as I peeked around the side of the building, looking to see if the coast was clear. Ever since Bob told me he was going to get me back I've been watching my back like a hawk. I tore around the side of the building in a sprint and got to the backstage doors in a matter of seconds. I hunched over resting my hands on my knees to keep balanced, taking as much air into my lungs as I could. I heard laughing.

Mikey walked up next to me, "What are you doing?"

I looked up at him still breathing heavily, "Hiding from Bob."

He shook his head and sighed, "He's still on the bus."

I stood up instantly regaining my composure, "Seriously?"

He nodded twice, "Yup."

"That asshole," I looked around me.

"Who's an asshole?" Mikey leaned up against the wall.

"Your brother," I looked over in his direction, eying him up. "He told me Bob was out and about looking for me."

Mikey shrugged, "You know Gerard lives to see good old fashioned revenge go down..."

I rolled my eyes and then an idea hit me, "Hey Mikey?"

He eyed me suspiciously, "What?"

"How would you like to join the cool team and get Bob before he gets me?"

"Why would I do that?" He looked at me like I was dumb.

"Because," I paused trying to think of a good reason, "It would be funny?"

He chuckled knowing what I was saying was true, "Sure. It could be fun!"

I grinned and then we both high-fived. I could feel this was going to turn into an all out war and even though it was just silly pranks I knew it was the turning point in my quest toward normalcy. Mikey and I then headed back into the venue to see what all the other bands were up to.

I looked at the shirt Frank was wearing with wide eyes, even though there was still an amused smile tugging at my lips, as I walked into their dressing room later that night.

I pointed at him, "Frank! What the hell is that?!"

He looked down at his shirt with a smirk, "A t-shirt."

"No shit, Sherlock," I playfully glared at him. "But why does it say 'Team Bob' on it?"

He laughed a little and shrugged like it was nothing, "He recruited me."

I folded my arms in a huff, "You're the whole reason this started to begin with! Mikey and I are just going to have to get you then too."

"Mikey?"

I nodded, "I recruited him."

He laughed as Bob walked up to us, "You're going down."

Bob smiled, "Yeah, you are."

"Hey!"

We all turned to see Mikey walking up to us looking mad, "What the hell is going on here?"

I wrapped my arm around Mikey's waist and frowned at the two in front of us, "Frank has decided to join Team Bob."

"Well, we'll just have to get him too."

That's why I loved Mikey, we always seemed to be on the same page no matter the situation. The four of us stood there trying to look sinister and scare the others away, but it wasn't really working. Soon all of us just dispersed to opposite ends of the room. War it was.