Chapter 3

Courtney's POV
I could hear yelling downstairs but could not hear what was being said. I open my door slowly and hear yelling.
"Why were you late!" I hear papa yell. I look to see him hit daddy on the face. Daddy falls to the floor and Papa kicks him.
"Where were you?!" I hear papa yell at daddy. I see daddy get up and look at Papa and place his hands on papa's chest.
"I was at school" daddy says
"School doesn't take that long! I know because I saw your schedule! Where were you!" Papa yells
"I took Courtney for ice cream and took her to the park after school" daddy says. Why papa hit daddy? Don't papa love us? I think to myself.
"Next time you ask to go somewhere with her after class. If you don't have my permission you come straight home with her you hear!" Papa yells about to hit daddy but I do the unthinkable and run downstairs.
"Papa please stop!" I cry out. I can see papa's eyes soften when he sees me run downstairs. He bends down to my height and kisses my forehead. Papa then leaves the room and goes upstairs with a slam.
"Princess you shouldn't have done that. You could have gotten hurt" daddy says
"Daddy okay?" I ask scared
"I'm okay. We'll be okay." Daddy says
"Does papa love us?" I ask curiously
"Of course he does baby. He just gets mad sometimes. I promise I will always protect you" daddy says and kissed my forehead.
"Go to sleep princess" daddy says and next thing I knew I fell asleep in daddy's arms.