0.3

my day went on just like normal. unnoticed... during lunch i sat at the table by the vending machines alone not completely alone like normal a few kids sat there but barely noticed my existence unless they needed something, my day kind of went on like that the entire day.... alone... i guess you can say but i was fine with it. well, i was used to it. but who cares i was home finally still alone but now i was home and it's better than nothing i guess you can say.

i rarely see my mom, because of the long hours she puts in at work, my sister is away at college and my dad is the poster child for deadbeat dads having five children but only taking care of 3/5 of them. i mean it hurts but what can i do about it. i just got used to it. i faltered my way upstairs to my room stripping myself of my ripped jeans flopping on to the bed dramatically crawling under the covers. only to hear my phone vibrate. i sigh expecting a text from my mom.

"be back later than usual"

"don't wait up"

"can you make dinner tonight"

an the list goes on. but to my surprise it was just luke.

luke 🍦: did ashton bother you too much

luke🍦: i'm so sorry if he did

ariel 💫: a little i tried to ignore him but fuck he's so persistent. is this usually how he gets all those girls?

luke🍦: yes

ariel💫: lmao well i got to give it to him he doesn't give up

i laugh placing my phone onto the on the counter. getting ready for my shower. stripping myself of my clothes. turning on the shower to the precise temperature. i step in watching the substance dripping down my arm being washed away by the warm water. my tan skin still showing marks of my old scares. it wasn't the best way of coping but it was my way.

i turn off the water grabbing my towel stepping out of the shower. seeing two missed calls and a missed facetime from an unknown number. i quickly video call the number back listening to the tedious ring. quickly receiving an answer placing my phone on the dresser as the phone connected. "ariel!" they chirped "who... is this?"

"the man of your dreams," i rolled my eyes realizing who it was. "how'd you get my number ashton," my voice coming out smaller than intended as i was to my dresser picking out pajama shorts, underwear, and a sports bra. "ahhhh... so so you admit i'm the man of your dreams but i might've took it from luke's phone..." he chuckled. "so you and luke what's up with that are you guys a thing yet? do you like him? or..." he paused. "or what ashton?" i spat slightly annoyed by the giggly prying boy on the line. "...are you fucking him?" he pushed. "ashton, why would any of this concern you?" i walked back picking up my phone.

"because i want you to be my baby girl," he chirped making me become flustered my cheeks turning a bright red shade of crimson. "are you blushing?" he smirked adjusting the screen for a better view. "you are! awe baby girl and it seems you're still in your towel and soaking wet." he teased making me quickly flip over the phone. "awe baby girl don't be shy. come back i'll see it later on and i don't bite... actually no promises about that."  he snickered.

  a s h t o n 

"is there something you wanted to ask me be-" her voice frail. she gripped her towel tighter. "actually yeah but i think it can wait till you get dressed!" i interrupted. " bye ashton-" she quickly dismissed. "okay!" i laughed. "i was wondering if you could help me with the poetry assignment we got today?"