1.9

a r i e l

"luke i um hi? i..." i honestly didn't know what to say, an awkward silence filled the spacious room. ashton walked toward me placing a hand on my arm. "i'll leave and let you two talk," ashton says placing a kiss on my cheek and walked past luke without another word, leaving being sure to close the door behind him. "ariel... ariel i didn't kiss her-" i stopped him.

"okay so we're starting with this."
i sighed. "yes we are," he retorted. "okay fine then who was it? oh! let me guess it was someone with a blonde wig, with the same petite frame as you and same shirt on as you on the same day you wore it? because if it was that'd totally make so much sense. it's fine luke honestly but just don't play me like your other girls," i roll my eyes walking towards the kitchen. "stop being overly dramatic," he sighed. "i didn't mean it like that she asked why i haven't talked to her in a while. i stopped talking to her but i stopped talking to her once i told you how i felt."

"oh so you guys needed yo be mouth to mouth for this conversation? understandable."

"no. i didn't want anything to ruin a chance with you if i had one. she was just a girl i hooked up with every so often nothing serious. she came over to my locker after she saw me leave the office. she kept saying i probably missed her. i told her i was into someone else she got upset because she knew it was you and i just tried to walk away but that's when she kissed me."

he sat down on the couch. "i understand you have something with ashton whatever it is if you're happy i'm happy that sounds cheesy but that's all i ever wanted was for you to be happy just i hope you'd be okay with at least being friends again." he got up walking towards the door you don't have to decide now just think about it please i don't want anything to come between our friendship i didn't know you two where together today i didn't mean to ruin it honestly i just wanted to tell you the truth. i think i'll go." he unlocked the door and left being sure to close it after his self.

rainbow dash: ariel!

the little mermaid: not right now

rainbow dash: it's important

the little mermaid: what

rainbow dash: luke didn't kiss her i heard some girls talking about it and one of them is pretty upset that luke really likes you

the little mermaid: you're pretty late

rainbow dash: wait what

the little mermaid: luke came and talked to me about it.

rainbow dash: can you come to the coffee shop tomorrow we obviously need to talk

the little mermaid: yeah how about 11:30

-

a r i e l

i walked in automatically getting waved over by michael. i went to the line placing my order for my usual. a few minutes later my name is called. i head over to michael taking a seat. we exchanged our hi's. "so tell me about yesterday," michael laughed. "oh god it was a shit show for a while honestly. i didn't want to be home alone so i text ashton... pretty boldly asking him what he was doing he said nothing so i invited him over let me tell you this boy showed up with three shopping bags of snacks and frozen pizza," i laughed. "we were having a nice time watching netflix then someone knocked at the front door... turns out it was luke. so me an ash are staring at him like a deer in headlights. ashton leaves and luke tells me everything and tells me how i should be with ashton and then just leaves..."

"okay ariel in all honesty you have to pick," michael simply shrugs taking a sip of his tea. "there's nothing to choose... there is but maybe i don't want to, they're great friends and i don't want to be the person that comes between them. i don't want to be the yoko ono of this relationship."

"you wouldn't be," michael laughed. "after i texted you luke came back and stayed last night and it felt nice... it felt right in a way. we didn't really do much but watch movies and we listened to each other make stupid jokes until 2 in the morning, until we fell asleep. it felt nice it was like we were kids again before high school, before he was in the band, and... before ashton," i take a sip of my coffee before feeling a buzz.

luke: i miss you

"he texted me that he misses me. i miss luke too but i'd never admit that because i miss ashton as well the sweet ashton the one i met. you guys have only ever seen the asshole sides of these two but i don't they're completely different with me they make cute jokes, watch me intensely as i paint their nails or i do their  makeup, they laugh at my horrible jokes, they're always trying to cuddle and no not fuck, they're so sweet and gentle around me. i remember luke went to school with pink nails because of me and he was fine with it because he knew no one would say anything to him because they all knew he could beat all of their asses," i laughed a bit.

"lmao i remember that i was the only person who gave him shit," michael intervened making us both laugh. "see... but... the side you two have seen scares me what if this is with every girl and it's just a matter of time before i'm pushed off to the side like trash? and don't hit me with the ariel you won't, because can you tell me that for sure..."

"i can't,"

"exactly so how do you just go in blindly tho this."