2.0

l u k e

"i love her"

"for fucks sake stop complaining about it and tell her luke you've been complaining two years after she got here ," calum sighs flopping down in to the couch. "i haven't gave her a real reason to believe me lately..."

"but are you playing with her heart like ashton? no! he knows you love her, we all do... just not her... well at least not in the way you actually love her. she's only seen the 'best friend' love. i guess that's how you'd put it. prove to her that it's more than that prove to her that she's the only person you want." calum shrugs walking to the kitchen. "what you guys got to eat?"

"food... food is what we have to eat what else would we have?" luke chuckled earning an eye roll from calum. "but she should know how much i love her alr-"

"obviously she doesn't and you're still sitting here even after i told you she doesn't? luke don't come crying to me when ash gets her to his self, and we both know how that will end. he'll only break her and her heart. i love the guy and all but we know how he is. you say you want her and you don't want her heartbroken again go make sure of it. we both know it'll be bad if he gets there first."

a r i e l

lana an a$ap's song summer bummer softly filled every inch of my room from the record as i wrote my poem. i felt at peace with everything at this very moment and i didn't really know why. i knew everything is falling apart and shattering into pieces around me but i thought about none of it. i hear my mom come in from work making me get up. "ma your plates in the microwave," i say walking down the stairs. she walks in with a man following behind her. "thanks for bringing the bags in for me luke, i really do appreciate it."

"no problem mom anytime," he smiles placing her bags on the counter for her to put away. he gently pulled me to the side. "can we talk... alone," he whispered. i simply nodded heading up to my room. i lay back down move my computer and notebook putting them away. "luke before you start... it's okay if you don't feel the same way-"

"ariel just shut up and listen, okay? i don't feel the same way. i don't honestly and probably never will you're right because i've been in love with you. i don't need the whole 'time to know if i do' because i already know. i've known you for a while... since i first saw you actually. i can't stand to see you with ash-"

"oh," it felt like a simple game to me. a twisted game of cat and mouse. two cats and one mouse. but instead of chasing the prey the cats are fighting over it and the mouse just needs to be smart and get away. "oh? that's it?" he said a tad bit confused. "yes oh, it just seems like a game of cat and mouse for you two and honestly. you both just want a new shiny toy to play with i'm nothing of real importance to you two and honestly that's o-"

"it's not- it's not like that at all,"

"it is you both come over and confess your love then diss the other and ramble on about how the other is no good, how you'll protect me and your different from the other and ashton's favorite 'i've changed' and you guys rather fight and it... it's not even that you guys want me you guys just don't want the other to have me. even if you don't end up with me you'd be happy as long as ashton doesn't get to me. or am i wrong?" he stayed silent, "exactly luke you weren't even interested until ashton came in the picture you wanted to be my friend and ashton wasn't interested until you mentioned my name then he saw that you were upset by it and he wanted to take it farther. now am i wrong?"

"you are!" he raised his voice slightly. "you are... ariel i've loved you since we were young and yes ashton wanting you did force me to make a move you're right about that. i didn't want to see you get hurt by him or anyone else and when i saw the slightest bit of interest you had for me call me selfish but i jumped at it and gave it a shot. of course i don't want him to have you and if i can't have you i'd be heartbroken yes but if you were happy with your choice i'd be okay with it, i'd happily sit by your side watching supernatural and going back to how we were. you can't be angry at someone who broke your heart if you truly love them. it's not a game of cat and mouse for me, i want you i will always want you. but, i can't bare to see you hurt again. and i see it's going to come to that. i hate picking up the broken pieces every time it breaks my heart because i know you deserve better so much better. i know i'm no white knight-"

"well technically your pasty ass is pretty white if you ask me but-" i intervened. "oh shut up," he laughed. "but i'm serious i know i'm not the greatest guy but i know i wouldn't hurt you. i know how to care for you, i know everything about you, and he just sees you're pretty and sweet. he doesn't know your favorite color, or your favorite books, or the way you to calm you during your night terrors, he doesn't know that you couldn't hate anyone ever no matter what they've done to you, or how to keep you calm during panic attacks. i will always be your friend no matter what but fuck ariel i just want to be yours. i don't know if that's asking to much but... that's all i've ever wanted. it sounds selfish but i want to be the one you think about when you fall asleep and the first person you want to see when you wake up. i want to be the one to protect you, but i also want to be the one to be able to kiss and call you mine. i'm okay with being just friends but it would also hurt, so much seeing as i finally stepped up and told you my feelings about you."

"luke your own friends didn't even know i existed how am i supposed to believe you've always had these "feelings" for me," i scoffed. "you're right because i didn't want them to know about you and look what happened when they found out about you they all want you in some way and i didn't want that. i didn't want them close to you. it's selfish yes i know and i'm so sorry. but i just wanted you to myself. i know you have a few friends i didn't mind but i knew the second these guys eat you they'd fall in love with you instantly."

he stood up from the bed, "i didn't get to tell you because you were so upset but we're going to be living in a while me and the guys we got booked for a tour. but, i think it'd be best if i just head out"