0.9

l u k e

"luke?" someone yelling opening the door making ariel quickly back away looking over making her almost fall on to the black wooden table. "hey everybody," ashton giggled walking into the room. room. "hi," she said barely above a whisper. she quickly muttered "s-sorry luke i-i won't do it again," with her eyes fixated on the tile floor as she walked back to the couch. fuck! great timing irwin! "hey," i grumble. "calum is in the back waiting," i continued.

"i actually wanted to talk to ariel," he smiled shyly. "why," i scoff as ariel gives me a warning look for being so rude i just shrug. "i wanted to apologize, i-i didn't mean for things to get out of hand like they did... i... i should've said something. i didn't think that saying 'she's not like the others' would have michael think sex wise." he laughed lightly.

but something changed i noticed it when he told her that he said she was not like the others. a little glimmer in her eyes appeared. kind of like when she's read her poetry to me, or when i'd show her a new song or band, or telling about a cute show or telling me about something she liked or thought was cute or something she loves. it's the way she used look at her dad whenever he came to see her. it's the cutest thing ever and i loved it but right now hated it. but it's not her fault she's just my best friend she not obligated to feel the same way i do but it'd be nice if she did. "i think i should go get ready!" i gritted walking to the back. towards calum who found his hidden stash in the cabinet. grabbing my gear.

-

ariel give me a quick good luck and kisses my cheek. jumping down and taking her seat in the front row. "kick his ass luke," she giggles slightly blushing as the people around her start to stare. the referee quickly tells us the rules. "now touch gloves," we quickly dab gloves and return to our corners making the bell ring. i can see ariel tense up at the bell biting her lip and playing with the hem of her dress. fuck this is going to be hard... literally. i let out a light laugh before i began. the bell rings and i make sure to stay light on my feet. his first few jabs are aimed at my side. i can see ariel wince on the side. "pretty nice looking girl you got" he says throwing another blow only for me to dodge it. "what"

"nice looking girl you got there think she'll be interested in me after you lose?" he questioned.

a r i e l

luke's opponent is tiring out and it was visible, the blows to his body, luke was starting to become too much to handle for him. luke stays light on his feet like a little ballerina. luke throws one quick jab to the jaw making his opponent fall to the ground. the referee starts to count. making luke go into a neutral corner letting his opponent recoup.

"one..."

"two..."

"three..."

"four..."

"five..."

"six..."

"seven..."

"eight..." by eight most of the crowd was at the edge of their seats. "nine..." the boxer tired to get up with the aid of the rope but it was too late. "ten," the referee yelled. the crowd instantly cheers, chanting his name as the referee raises his arm indicating his victory. he leaves the ring and i instantly run towards him engulfing him into a tight hug. he slightly winced in pain i quickly let go of him. "sorry," i quickly say letting him go. "it's fine it's just my side hurts a lot, he tried to make it a weak spot but i told you i wouldn't lose." he teased grinning madly like a child. "luke i never doubted you winning i just don't like seeing you getting hurt... that's all." he just smiled pulling back into a hug.

"luke you're hurting me now." i laughed breathlessly, he quickly let's go mumbling an apology laughing as well. a crowd started to gather around luke asking so many questions and congratulating him on the victory. he was sure to keep me next to him at all times holding onto my waist looking over to make sure i was okay and comfortable. i was until more and more people came. "i'll go wait for you in the dressing room so you can finish your sessions with your sponsors." i smile kissing his cheek. "okay just go directly to the dressing room no stops don't talk to anyone some of the guys here are vicious when it comes to pretty girl." i could feel my cheeks burning making him chuckle a little.

he kisses my forehead, "i'll be in the dressing room in a little i promise. i walk through the roaring crowd still not over the win. i make my way into his dressing room without any stop like luke said. i slowly start packing up his things leaving out his change of clothes and the first aid kit to patch up the cut above his eye. i hear someone walk through the door.

"luke is still out talking to the sponsors," i say not looking up. "i know, ariel... hi... again!" he fumbled. i looked up to find ashton shifting his weight. "hi," i quickly mumbled continuing to put away luke's things. "i... i-"

"what ashton!" i spat. "i just wanted to say how sorry i was again... i just... i should've said something. i didn't know it'd go that far. i did mean you were different. you didn't just throw yourself at me like most and you don't act like a stuck up little b-"

"ashton!"

"sorry," he laughed. "but it's true you are different... and i really started to like you... that's never- hasn't happened in a while, so i really don't know how these things work," i laughed a little seeing how nervous he was. "i just wanted to apologize and say how sorry i am you don't have to forgive me but if you did and let me start over you'd make me the happiest guy here right now."

"ashton i accept your apology but starting over i can't it's... i liked you only a for a few days... three days to be exact and look where it's gotten me and i can't i-"

"luke? you're falling in love with luke? but the question is does he feel the same way?" he interrupts. "yeah it's luke... an i- i don't know i think so i hope so," i mumble my voice small and frail. "did you know about the girl he's out there with right now?" he asks not flinching a bit. "no- no he's with his sponsors i was with him not too long ago," i quickly retort. "well after you were with him not too long ago she came... they looked pretty cozy to me. she was really pretty, blonde hair, brown eyes, and nice body"

"oh," i couldn't say anything else... i didn't have anything else to say. is this why he rushed me back here. 'no stops don't talk to anyone'. i just shrug what else would i expect. i grab my bag shoving my belongings inside of it, only to hear luke stumble in laughing a little. "ariel i-"

"i'm leaving," i mumble pushing past him leaving. not giving him a chance to object or speak. i know it was rude but i was a... i am a little butt hurt, yes. maybe a bit heartbroken. i know it's stupid he's my friend and only my friend it's not his obligation to feel the same way. "ariel?" i could hear him yelling after me but i didn't dare stop nor did i dare turn around to face him.

(3) new messages:

luke: why'd you leave so quickly?

the little mermaid: ask your friend

luke: ariel? stop being so difficult

luke: just answer me please

luke: ariel?

ashton: i just thought you should know... so you wouldn't end up hurt.

ari: like with you?

ashton: it was a stupid mistake hurting you

unknown number: i'm sorry about that day in class i shouldn't have asked you that it was disgusting and rude of me as a person.

ari: who is this?

unknown number: michael from school i figured since it was the end of luke's match it was the best time to talk

unknown number: p.s. i stole your number from ashton lololol sorry

ari: lol it's fine and thanks for the apology