1.5

a r i e l

my leg started to shake with anticipation as the substitute math teacher handed back the test grades.  she finally made her way to me. 'A+' i squealed a little causing a few to stare. i sighed in relif sitting back in my chair. "i'm guessing you passed," calum laughed. a few minutes after the class said our goodbyes to each other the bell rang. i walk through hall frantically  looking for luke. breaking into a sprint like a mad man once i see him.

"luke!" i yelled jumping on him wrapping myself around him like a koala. "i got an a on my math exam because of you i could kiss you." today was the day! the last day before winter break of course.  i was happy to get away from all of the people i hated seeing. "well i wouldn't mind," he smirked. "and if it makes you happy i passed my english final because of you." i untangled myself from luke."here," he simply said handing over his jacket. "it's gotten colder since this morning and you forgot to bring a jacket apparently mr. johnson is making us go outside today." i hand over my books to look and setting down my backpack slipping on his jacket. it smelled of my favorite cologne of his making me smile."you and your family are still coming over for christmas? luke if you say no i swear to fucking b-"

"yes of course we are why would you think i wouldn't?" he questioned? "i am just checking everything has been so... different and confusing between us and i wasn't sure but i think we should really go in to sex ed before we're late," i grabbed my things giving him a quick peck on the cheek. "there's your kiss," i smiled, i walked into the class room saying a quick hi to mr. johnson. i sat in the back with the luke. as the rest of the boys piled in i was awkwardly stuck between luke and ashton, like a cruel joke from the universe. "ariel, i really did have fun with you last night," he whispered over to me. "... an... and i was wondering if today instead checking in on our assignments would you like to go on a date, maybe? i... i mean technically we're still checking in on our work but-" he rambled on. "ms. jones can you pry yourself away from ashton and come here i'll need your help today," oh thank god. "i wasn't- i... okay," i quickly get up without another word making my way to the front of the class. "whispering a thank you to him,"

-

after french class i went to look for michael... i was confused and i didn't know what to do... or who to choose. i know he couldn't choose for me but at least i could rant to him and sort out my thoughts. maybe that's all i needed. michael wanted me to meet at his locker after class. as i draw near, i don't see michael anywhere... but i can see luke... with another girl kissing her. i turn on my heels deciding to leave  heading towards english class. i shouldn't be-

no i should be pretty upset. he kissed me last night, he's made me feel like a princess and that he actually liked him... and for what? what? was it out of pitty because i can do without it. what made this moment even worse. i couldn't try to ignore this i still had his warm leather jacket wrapped around me with the smell of his cologne still on it. i reach into the  pocket of it pulling out my phone to tell michael i wasn't going to meet him.

ariel (no red hair) 🐠 - i made my decision it's fine just forget about it ashton might actually be the nice guy in this situation.

rainbow dash - wait ariel wtf happened

  ariel (no red hair) 🐠 - ask luke he basically made the choice for me

rainbow dash  - ariel please just wait i'm almost at my locker we can talk

ariel (no red hair) 🐠 -  i'd rather not go back there after what i saw i'm fine i don't want to talk

rainbow dash - wait what?

rainbow dash - what did you see?

rainbow dash - well fine i'll just annoy you in english then

rainbow dash - or you can just get your ass over here!!!!!!!!!!!!

-

i've been avoiding michael, luke and ashton at all cost. switching seats, pretending to feel sick. eating in the library you, name it. i just didn't want to deal with it or talk about it. i just wanted this day to be over. i walked over to my locker grabbing my things only to feel hands wrapped around my waist. he nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck. "you never answered my question," he says his breath hitting my shoulder making goosebumps form. "i... i don't know ashton... i don't think that's such a great i-" i start. "if you want we don't have to go out we can stay in and have dinner at my place like when you came over before."  he bargained twirling me around to face him. "ariel i just want to talk and get to know you." he sighed. "i just really like you i... i made an ass of myself the first time i met you and i hurt you i just don't want you to think of me like that. i could care less what anyone else thinks of me honestly but you..."

  "i... um... okay sure we can go where ever you want," i close my locker and smile. "shit really- i mean of  course you couldn't resist me," he smirked. "dress nice tonight... not that you don't look nice normally-" he stops when he notices me giggling at his cute rant. "if it's not pushing it can i give you a ride home?" he questioned. "i'd like that."

luka - why were you with ashton?

the little mermaid - luke i don't think we can be friends or anything after today

luka - wait what ariel

luka - please answer

the little mermaid - service error: 409 the number you are trying to reach is not available or in service at this time please try again later