Chapter 17

I wiped the rest of the tears but they kept coming down.

I grabbed my phone and tweeted out

'Ha take that mom!'

Also,

'Don't let anyone say you will never conquer your dream, I just conquered mine'

The Gwen and Adam walked back here to where I am.

"We just wanna personally congratulate you, you were honestly my favorite performance this evening."

"Thank you."

"I loved how you mashed up all the songs it was totally amazing so happy for you."

"Thank you that means a lot."

"Your welcome."

"I know your in LA but meet me tomorrow and central park and we'll head to my place and work on some things."

"Ok."

We hugged and I started walking with everyone again.

"I can't believe this is actually happening."

My eyes welled with tears again.

"With your past you totally deserve this." Starlah said

"Thanks."

We got in the car, my dad driving. Kalin got on his phone getting on Snapchat and doing a video with the light on.

Tears came down my cheeks again.

"Yo she won the voice KAMFAM, I'm so happy for you babe, tell the fam how you feel."

I wiped my eyes carefully.

"Yo chase your dreams, if you think you can conquer them then go for it never give up."

I wiped my eyes again.

I hid my face in my hands and silently cried.

He stopped the video and turned his sound off then put his phone in his lap and unbuckled scooting closer to me.

He wrapped his arms around me as I silently sobbed he pulled me closer.

I calmed down and pulled away wiping my eyes.

We got to the hotel and walked inside.

I share a room with Kalin and my dad and sister.

Kalin and I in one bed my sister in another and my dad in his own in the other room.

I walked into the bathroom and locked the door looking into the mirror.

I smiled and washed my face. When I dried my face I looked at my scars on my wrist and took a deep breathe.

"All these scars cause she said I'd never become a singer."

As I stared at them the more I regretted them. I sighed and walked back out.

Kalin and my dad were talking in the living room. My sister in here.

"Have you told Kalin yet?"

"About what?"

She pointed to my wrists.

"No, we've only been together a month and he's going on tour tomorrow I'm scared he'll leave me."

"Seriously, Mel can't you see how much he loves you he won't leave you."

"I just wanna see if we'll last a few months without each other and then maybe I'll tell him."