chapter 17

Juliet Pov

I was standing outside of the conference room, peeking through a small crack between the double doors and wishing that I didn't have to go in there; especially when I saw Nick . He looked well but the thought of confronting him was killing me.

I saw one of the servants passing water around to the alphas, betas, gammas and their mates, she looked exhausted so being the person I am, I called her over and told her to take a break. She smiled while handing me the waiter then gladly went and took her well deserved rest.

five minutes later

I was being antsy around the conference room with my head down and my hair messed up to hide my face when May came in with Meg, the servant, and asked, "Who let this b*tch take a break?"

She looked around the room and I wanted to call her out right then and there for being so disrespectful in the presence of her superiors. Then again, anyone was better than that wh*re.

She kept on sweeping the room wih her eyes and when she turned to Nick, I wanted to scream when they both whispered mate. Nick smiled as she squealed and jumped onto his lap with so much enthusiasm she almost slipped off.

I was happy for my brother, I really was but I would have been happier if his mate wasn't May.

"Once again I asked who let that mutt take a break?" May asked and I had finally had enough of her disrespect.

"If you must insist, I'm the girl who everyone loves but I'm also the one that is ignored. I'm adored by everyone in the pack. I'm strong, talented and in love. So if you must know who I am. I am the alpha's rejected mate," I said placing glasses by every pack until I reached my brother and raised my head, brushing away my hair.

"Juliet is that you?" my brother asked as I felt tears sting my eyes so I just smiled and nodded by head instead of answering.

"How do you know her?" May asked Nick, "And I'm sorry for disrespecting you." she said to me.

"Why did you apologize?" Nick asked May and she seemed unsure as if she should answer but I nodded my okay to her and she faced Nick.

"She is my beta female."

"Beta female?" Nick asked in surprise and May nodded.

Nick turned to me with a smile. "You found your mate. Who is he?"

"That would me," Joshua said while standing up, "and before you ask, yes I am taking care your sister."

"Well that is good to hear but sis, why did you run away?" he asked and I felt a pang of pain in my chest. "I'm happy you found your mate, but why did you leave."

Tears started to spring into my eyes, Joshua pulled me into his arms comforting me.

"Hey, why are you crying?" Nick asked taking my hand. "Was it really that horrible; what happened back home?"

I sighed and sat down in my seat and everyone looked confused until Josh explained that I was also the third in command of this pack.

"I was rejected." I said and Nick looked at Josh confused but didn't say anything so I continued. "My mate was an alpha so the pain was more than I could take. I promise the reason I left had nothing to do with you, mom or dad."

"Alpha? But sis, the only alpha you knew before was Adrian and his dad. Who was your mate?" he asked, giving another unclear glance to Josh and understanding dawned on me.

Adrian didn't tell them anything about us.

I was about to tell him that Adrian had been my first mate but Josh was my second chance mate when suddenly the doors opened letting in the former leaders of the packs.

That was when I saw my father who  saw me instantly, ran and engulfed me in a bear hug.

"It's my baby girl." he said holding me at arms length and I smiled, a tear finally sliding down my face.

"Hi daddy." I said, my voice cracking a little.

"You just left like that and I was so worried about you all this time."

"Dad," Nick cut in and I wiped my tears. "the reason why Juliet ran away was because she was rejected."

"What?" my dad all but shouted. "Somebody rejected my angel?"

"Not someone dad, Adrian." I said and
everyone turned to where Adrian was sitting with Lily on his lap.

"I thought I was your mate." Lily said in genuine surprise and Adrian scoffed.

"We all know you are only a sl*t who wants attention so I gave it to you." Adrian said calmly and I found myself feeling sorry for Lily. She may have been frivolous and a bit of a bitch but no one deserves to be treated the way Adrian treats people. Like objects to be thrown away when he loses interest.

"But I'm pregnant." Lily said sounding angry but Adrian just shook his head, denying it.

"Juliet, why do you smell so different?" my dad asked and I felt myself blush. It was one thing to tell Nick about Josh but this was my dad and if my memory serves correctly, he can be a bit embarrassing.

I took Josh's hand in my and turned to my dad. "Dad, this is Joshua, my second chance mate."

"It's an honor Sir." Josh said extending his hand to my dad who took it firmly and arched an assessing eyebrow at Josh before both his brows shut up and mingled with his hair.

"You've mated." he said and I felt my face flush.

"You mated her?!" Adrian shouted and I felt my irritation toward him grow.

"Of course he mated me, I'm his mate you idiot. It's the natural thing to do."

"You belong to me." he growled and I couldn't help but feel amused. 

Did he really believe that after what he did and all this time he still had some kind of claim on me? He was a lot more delusional than I thought.

I just have to leave the room, the testosterone and tension was too much for me at the moment.

...........

This was finished for awhile now so enjoy. Next chapter could be awhile still have some kinks to work out. Indigo is nearly done. Woohoo ;)

EUG: 500 votes 150 comments.