chapter 1

The picture on the side is Adrian.

.................................

Juliet Pov

It’s my birthday at last. I’m turning sixteen, I’ve waited for this day for a long time because today is the day I will finally shift and meet my mate, someone who will love me no matter what happens. I can’t wait to meet him. I hope he’s hot but not a player and not my brother’s best friend Adrian.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Juliet Logan. My big brother, Nick Logan, is the future beta of The Dark Sun Pack. His best friend, Adrian Cane, is the future alpha and a jackass. I hate his guts literally. He thinks he’s perfect and hot. Every girl at school falls for him but he is never serious. He only goes out with a girl for a week. One week, he’s heartless. My brother says that his signature move. Just look for a girl that is heartbroken and you know it was Adrian.

The first girl he went out with was my best friend. When we were eight and he and my brother were ten. He and my best friend, Amy, went out for a week. After that he denied everything that happened between them. Even their first kiss, everything. She was heartbroken. After that he made it a custom to break a girl’s heart week after week. I never went out with him. Why would I? He’s an ass.

That’s enough about him, time to get my well deserve bath singing to my favorite song ‘Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne’.

Adrian Pov

‘Who’s singing? They sound horrible,’ I said.

‘Dude, that’s my sister,’ Nick said.

‘That’s her. Is she trying to deafened us?” I cried.

‘Dude, it’s her birthday. Be nice for once.’

‘She hates me.’

‘That’s because you broke her best friend’s heart.’

‘Hey, I only go for a girl for one week after that I don’t know her.’

‘I will feel sorry for your mate.’

‘Hey, I will love her unconditionally.’

‘I hope it’s not my sister.’

‘I wish it will not be your sister. I feel sorry for the poor dude that will be mates with her.’

‘I will kill him if he breaks her heart. So what’s your reason for hating my sister?’

‘She hates me, I hate her. That simple.’

‘Oh please.’

Nick Pov

Ah, yes. Who will be my sister’s mate? I have to give him a little warning. What Adrian means by terrible singing? My sister is a great singer.

‘Morning,’ I heard my sister coming down the stairs.

‘There is my beautiful sister who I will always love and protect,’ I said.

‘Nick, it’s my birthday, lighten up,’ she said.

‘Never baby sister,’ I said.

‘Hey Adrian,’ she said.

‘Hey Juliet,’ he said.

Juliet Pov

‘Hey Adrian,’ I said.

‘Hey Juliet,’ he said.

When I looked at him, everything around me stopped. It was just me and him. This can’t be happening Adrian is my mate. I hate his guts.

‘Happy birthday Juliet,’ he said opening his arms for me.

‘Thanks,’ I said hugging him.

‘Meet me at the bench after breakfast,’ he whispered in my ear.

‘Ok,’ I said.

After breakfast

Well that was awkward. Now to find out what he wants.

‘Juliet over here,’ he shouted.

‘Hey Adrian, so what you want to talk about?’ I asked.

‘Us being mates is that alright with you?’ he asked.

‘I think I can live with it. That’s what mates are for. To love each other no matter what,’ I said sincerely.

‘I will always love you,’ he said looking into my eyes.

He is leaning in. Omg! He’s going to kiss me. My mate is going to kiss me.

......................

To clear things up, you can only find your mate when you come of age which of course in my book is 16. If one mate is already older than 16 and other one is not they have to wait till the next mate come of age to know they are mates.