Chapter 5

It was a casual night for the boys to hangout at Jisoo's place.
It was always Jisoo,because he lives alone as his parents fund him to study overseas in Korea.His parents must be unreasonably rich,because,no one buys their son a bungalow.Jisoo was an exception, though.
It was also one of the Seventeen's tradition,as they agreed to spend every weekend's night at Jisoo's place at the very beginning.

The place was in,total mess,you'd say.Hoshi and Seungkwan with SeokMin were playing with the PS4 and constantly screaming and yelling especially Hoshi.Everytime he wins he'd just screams "NAEGA HOSHI" and runs around the living room for 2 laps.
The other boys were playing at the pool table at the other side of the room.The boys would left out a laughter every now and then because it must be someone who is the black hole out of all of them.

Unlike the others,Joshua and Lee Chan were sitting at the dinning table.Each of them had a mug of freshly brewed tea,and if you look closer you could see the steam.

"How was your date with _____ today?"Joshua started off."Fine,"Lee Chan avoided his gaze.Joshua was observant enough to sense a hint of hurt and jealous in his eyes.Joshua's heart softened at the younger."What happened?"he asked,with concern.Lee chan let out a frustrated sigh."Hyung,do you know what happened to her?"Lee Chan grabbed hold of Joshua's wrist.Joshua's eyes widened at the younger's words.What could have happened to her?"I knew I shouldn't have tell you this as you were my 'competitor' too..."Lee chan trailed off.

Hold up.

How did he knew about...Joshua frowned.

The younger saw him frowning,so he continued."...Well the looks in your eyes say it all.We all knew you were crushing on her...And because the matter of ego we agreed not to talk about IT"Lee Chan says,holding the mug,feeling the warmth slowly melting his cold hands as he was not very fond of the eldest hyung,Choi seungcheol.But there was nothing much he could do.He was the eldest hyung,after all.All he could do was staring at him with blank gaze from afar.

Joshua felt embarrassed at first,because his secret was exposed for so long without him knowing.But when he remembered the younger says something happened to her,he desprately asked"What happened to her?"

Lee Chan took a sip of the warm tea,and started off."It was SeungCheol."he paused,then sighed.Joshua looked at the elder as he was playing with the others at the pool table,high-5ed with Mingyu and Wonwoo."Her crush was SeungCheol.But today she found Seungcheol making out with her best friend,Yeri at the café."Lee Chan sighed.Why didn't he did a great job in protecting her?"What the f-"Joshua almost swore.
Joshua could feel himself boiling with anger.He suddenly have the urge to punch the elder until he begs for his mercy. "No,don't be violent,"the younger says.Joshua looked at him.How could he read people's mind?That's creepy.Lee Chan seems to be able to read his mind again so he reminded him "I'm major in psychology,"Joshua shrugged.That's not the thing he has to be worried of right now.
He told the boys to enjoy themselves as he soullessly walked to his bedroom and closes the door.

His mind was a total mess.He didn't know why and how.It just was.Lee Chan went out on a date with _____,and she saw seungcheol making out with her best friend,and he comforted her...That means she could possibly end up with Lee Chan!
Joshua picked his pillow and threw it towards the door to let out his frustrations.
"Hey,wha-"
Someone came in in the wrong time.It was a confused Jihoon."What are you doing?"Jihoon asked,while frowning and tilting his head."Nothing,"Joshua said,turning his head away and wiping the tears that seeped out of his eyes.

Jihoon noticed,so he closed and locked the door behind him before apporaching him."Hey,you okay?"Jihoon asked,trembling.He has never seen this side of Joshua,as he was always one of the hyungs that took good care of the dongsaengs.

"You must've know about it,don't you?"Joshua asked.Jihoon silently nodded,before sitting next to Joshua."It must've be hard on you."he said,patting his shoulders."You like her,don't you?"Joshua asked,with a glare.Jihoon laughed."Used to.But now..."he shook his head."you're being sensitive,Josh."Jihoon stated.

"I've no choice.I could make the whole school in love with me but just not her,"Joshua let out a bitter laugh.'Useless,'he thought."Well...You have someone else,don't you?"Jihoon asked,crossing his arms and lifting one of his brow."I don't need the whole school.I only want her,"Joshua said,covering himself with blanket.
Jihoon cringe at his words but he still encourages him,anyway. "That was cheesy but,You shouldn't have tell me,you should tell her,"Jihoon said.Joshua remain silent."Well,be a man!Just go up to her and confess!Werk your guts,bro,"Jihoon said.

Just then,there was a series of knock from the door."YAH LEE JIHOON,HONG JISOO THE PIZZA IS HERE IF YOU GUYS AREN'T COMING DOWN IM GOING TO FINISH IT ALL,"Yelled Seungkwan from the outside.

"C'mon,"jihoon helped Joshua up from his bed as Joshua sighed before leaving his room.

Could things really be better?