The Black Hamster, Or Something

3rd Person's POV

Ayato's eye twitched, rage starting to take control of his body. But before he could do anything stupid, the black hood fell on the ground, revealing the person before him. Ayato felt as if he forgot how to breath as he saw... Under the black hood was hidden the mask of a tentacled animal, the mask of the monstrous ghoul. The mask was red as the fire like circles on the black coals of ghouls observing eyes. The red pieces of cloth dangling down from the mask made a funny dance with every inhale and exhale of the ghoul standing before Ayato; the Ghoul Slayer, Inspector Crippler, Guilt Eator and of course the name he was known the best for: Octopus, or Octo as the shortened form.

-Cat got your tongue Ayato? Not as confident as before I see. Ayato could feel the smirk forming on the ghouls mouth that was hidden behind the red clothes of tentacles, curtaining the half of his face.

-You were supposed to be dead. he could feel his muscles tensing as the monster's gaze lingered on him.

-Well you're not talking to a ghost. Ayato could almost hear him giggling.

- What do you want from me, monster? at his words the eyes of the predator standing before him hardened with fury.

- I ain't a monster, Ayato. And I ain't going to repeat myself, already told you what I want a hundred times.

- Ain't a monster you say? What do you call someone who killed the most powerful ghouls just for fun while not even a tiny inspector lost it's life to you?

- What do you call such a thing? A living being, like the rest. Ayato fought hard to hold his laughs, it was hilarious for Octopus to deny the fact that he was a monster, it was even more hilarious for him to think he was like the rest of them.

- Sure, sure Octo. I was wronged, you must be a weakling like those damned humans.he didn't know why he was pushing on his luck, but it entertained him so it didn't matter.

- Yes, I am a weakling. Maybe even weaker than a worm like you, but that doesn't mean you stand a chance against me. Ayato's face twisted with confusion at Octo's words, he doesn't deny that he's weak? What kind of a ghoul is he? He was even more confused as a laugh ringed in his ears.

- Didn't expect such words from the Ghoul Slayer? Well you don't know me Ayato, so don't make mistakes by assuming things with no knowledge. Now tell me the answer.

-The answer?

- Yes, the answer to who you work for. Ayato could feel his guard slowly letting him down as his brain was shot down by shock to process the words leaving his mouth. He still couldn't believe that Octopus was alive. He was killed by the old man from the Anteiku after causing so many problems and killing so many of his own kind. Ayato had never saw him but he heard the stories, the stories of how no one ever stood a chance against him. The stories of how he never killed an investigator but somehow made them useless in just a blink of an eye. Well most of them were exaggerated, he knew, but the fact that he was extremely dangerous for both ghouls and humans was a know fact as well as him supposed to be dead.

-Hmm, you say the One-Eyed-Owl. Does he or she, whatever, has any helpers? Ayato could see from his eyes that something was going in his mind, so fast that he couldn't keep his eyes locked to his as he got dizzy from looking.

- There are.

- Names?

- You still think I'll betray them? really did he thought that he was an easy nut to crack, well better make his calculation precise next time. But Ayato must give some credit to him, he definitely wasn't waiting for the One-Eyed-Owl to slip from his lips.