The Invitation

3rd Person's POV

Cold nights, dark nights, just nights... But this night was not one of those normal nights, he could feel it or rather sense it. And his trusty senses never proved him wrong, not even this time.

- What do I owe for having such honorable visitors, may I ask? sarcasm dripping from his voice, his eyes frantically danced on the ghouls that have circled him.

The ghouls eyed each other, not knowing what to do. Octo smirked, even though it was not visible to the ghouls since his face was hidden behind his mask as always, then he started to laugh as the ghouls got tenser.

- Why so nervous, I don't bite. Or do I? threat could have been felt in his venomous words.

A ghoul, with jet black hair and a long black mustache growled silently, daring Octo to make any movements. Octo suddenly bursted into an unstoppable laugh, clutching his tummy with both of his hands he finally fell on his knees, tears running down from his eyes. Everyone was frozen in their places, dumbfounded looks sealed on their face before an anger broke into them with their eyes switching to black and red.

- Really, getting in your zone? Why so hostile and silent? a sudden red gleam could be seen in the darkness of the mask's eye holes even though his posture seemed to be as relaxed as ever.

The tension was only getting stronger, waiting for a disastrous cause to break the thinning rope. However, before anything could have happened the sound of soft footsteps, shattered the black auroras presence. All the ghouls eyes quickly turn toward the new figure, while all Octo did was just take a sniff and slowly raise his eyes, observing the now relatively more eased and confident ghouls in front of him.

- Sorry for their hostility, dearest Octo! I've been waiting quite a long time to meet with you! a cheerful voice of a female suddenly erased the smile on Octo's face. Another pair of footsteps could be heard:

-Eto, don't run and ruin the plan like that. the grunt of a man was heard.

Octo's eyes widened, the sounds being drowned by his loud heart beats. Without noticing he was facing the petite mummy like and the tall white haired ghouls. The red gleam slowly disappeared from his eyes as the mummy ghoul came closer to him.

-What do you want? his voice hoarse and cold, he asked.

- What do we want? Hmm, well I was going to ask you if you would like to join to Aogiri Tree. it clearly wasn't a question, "either you are with us or with death." sentence was echoing in the unsaid silence.

- Why do you want me? for the first time uncertainty was heard from Octo, yet, still there was no trace of fear.

- I thought you knew, to become a member of our organization for sure! her childish voice bouncing on the cold stones of the dark street while the music sounds from the nightclub were fighting to overcome the superior quietness.

- I can't live in Aogiri Tree. at that Eto pouted, but her eyes told that she was expecting something like this. However, I don't say I won't work for Aogiri Tree when it's convenient for me.

---

It wasn't easy to hear anything, but Ayato was a ghoul. So he heard what Octo said, and he wasn't one bit surprised even though he could see the shocked faces of the others. Probably all of them were thinking on how could somebody dare to actually make some kind of bargain with Eto. But Ayato's mind was occupied with one thought, "Are you wishing for your death Octo?".

He silently continued to watch as Eto slowly closed the distance between her and Octo, waiting to Eto to kill or torture him in some way.