Just Like You...

The cover you see on the image above was made by Toka_Kirishima for this story. I must say that I was extremely happy to see such a thing:D I hope you liked it as much as I did :) Anyway, thanks for the amazing gift Toka_Kirishima and let's continue with the story... Oh, one more note. We have reached to 491 reads! You're the best guys :D

Ayato Kirishima

Breeze, cold breeze, but it's just from what I heard from the weather cast because I can't feel it. I'm too lost in my thoughts to feel anything, even the agonizing pain on my abdominals that's left from the knife she stuck in me.

The memory replays on my mind, over and over... But I still can't understand how she managed to survive, nor do I understand how she managed to throw a knife to me without I even noticed. Was I missing a point? No, I couldn't be; strangely I remember every detail of the moment. Then this means she was wearing a quinque like an armor, like, like him... I still can't believe they have turned him into a quinque, they have turned my fathe- that f**king weakling old man into a weapon that they can wear!

No,no... He's not important to me anymore, he's a nothing. And it doesn't mean anything to me if they are using him as a quinque, he deserved it. But why would she have such a weapon with her? She was not a ghoul investigator, nor she seemed to be someone valuable to CCG, then why? Plus hadn't it been destroyed by that maniac one eyed monster? Could it be something else that she was wearing? No, it couldn't be. Then just who is she and still, I couldn't find an answer to how she threw that knife without me noticing it. No human can be that fast, not even ghouls. At least not the ones except the impossibly fast ones whom are so rare. Maybe I couldn't notice it because I was having so much pleasure from seeing her suffer.

Pleasure, was I really having pleasure from watching her suffer like that? I couldn't have, it should have been it. It, the monster that's living inside me which occasionally takes control of my body. I thought that I have surpassed it, but it seems it's still there fighting me back. The IT that made me strong enough to protect her, and the IT that pushed me away from her is still alive and still causes me to make mistakes.

- Ayato, come on, let's go. her soft words finally brought me back to this cruel world. I slowly stood up and took a glance at the light mocha haired girl standing by me. With a slight nod from her, my feet stepped on the emptiness behind the open window, my body free falling. Then my wings spread, seconds later I was facing her amazed eyes with my bored ones while there was nothing but gallons of air under me.

- Why that look, you saw me do this a hundred times? annoyed, I asked. I could see her slightly blush, but her eyes were still locked at the flapping flames on my back.

- Because, you're so much like her. Almost a whisper. A little breeze, and I wouldn't have been able to hear a word.

"Like her ?" I was nothing like her. She chose peace, I chose war. She chose love, I chose hate. How come was I like her when everything about us turned out to be opposite as we grew? Nevermind, if we're one second late than Tatara would seriously torture me.

3rd Person's POV

Red hair tied into a high bun, goggles covering eyes as the girl in the lab coat drops a few droplets of the blue liquid to the red blood. Seconds passed, no visible change... But what was seen under the microscope made the girl smirk.

- Finally, one step closer to you doc. her hands threw the specimen into the biohazard, destroying her long researches output. Then she poured the blue liquid into a thin glass container with a white tap, later on she placed the container into a secret pocket inside her lab coat. She had done all of this just in time, just before she heard the footsteps approaching her.