Chapter 12: Erica and Boyd

The gym erupted into laughter as Allison kicked Scott off of the rock wall. 

"McCall, your pain gives me a special type of joy" Coach says. "Next, Izzy and Erica!"

I walk up to the wall and climb it quickly but notice that Erica is freaking out as I reach the bottom. As Coach is asking whats wrong, I say, "She's epileptic," and then start to climb to where Erica is. As I am climbing I hear Coach yell, "Why didn't anybody tell me?"

When I reach Erica, I try and get her to calm down. "Erica, listen to me. Look at me." She turns and faces me, and I see tears in her eyes. "I'm going to help you get down, ok? Listen to the sound of my voice." She closes her eyes, takes a deep breath and looks at me, waiting for instructions. "Now, I am going to move my hand towards your's, and I want you to move your hand towards mine." She slowly starts to move her hand. I grab hold of her hand and give a gentile squeeze. "Now look at me, as you move your other hand to your rope." I demonstrate as she follows. "Now, jump off with me on the count of 3, Ready?" She nods, "1, 2, 3!" We both jump off, and slowly get to the ground, hand in hand. When we reach the bottom she hugs me tightly as people start to laugh. I walk with her to the locker room and make sure the is alright. 

"Hey, everything is fine now."

"I know, but they just laugh at me for something I can't control." she says, sobbing into my arms. "Thank you for not laughing."

"Hey, I would never laugh." I stop, contemplating what to say. "If I show you something, will you promise not to tell anyone?" She nods and I role up my sleeve to show my scars. "What our bodies look like or do without our permission is not who we are. It's how we act is what makes us who we are."

She stopped crying to look at my scars, "Are those from--"

"Ya, my parents died last year, and I didn't know how to cope. So I did this. Are you ok now? I think girls will start to come in soon." She nods, "Good, I'm Isabella by the way, but call me Izzy or Bella." 

"Nice to meet you Izzy, I'm Erica." She said with a smile. She leaves and I change quickly into not-gym clothes. 

A little while later, Scott comes running, and I run after him to find that Erica went to climb the wall again, and is having a seizure.

"Put her on her side!" Allison said, "How did you know?"

"I felt it." Scott said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You ruined EVERYTHING!" I hear Jackson yell. I move toward the yelling and see Lydia against a wall, on the verge of tears as Jackson walks away.

"Lydia what happened?" 

"I- I don't know?"

"Meet me in the girls bathroom in 5 minutes, ok?"

She just nods and walks away. I run after Jackson. "What the hell, dick? Why did you do that to Lydia?"

"She ruined everything for me, she took it AWAY!"

"What?"

"I'm immune now, NOTHING HAPPENED!"

"You know what, even if your disappointed about god knows what, stop taking it out on Lydia."

"Disappointed? DISSAPPOINTED? I AM SO MUCH MORE THAN DIS--" I slap him mid-sentance a walk away, to Lydia. I walk into the bathroom to see Lydia run out of a stall and run outside.

"Lydia?"

"Do you see him?"

"Who?" I say as I follow her.