Chapter 20: Remembering the Deceased

"JENNA!!" I scream as the stake goes through her heart. Klaus steps back and puts her blood into a bowl. "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?? I didn't run! I did everything!" I say trying to act like Elena.

Ignoring me he walks up to me as the fire dies down. "Your turn love," He says smiling, bringing out his fangs.

I turn and run. I run and run and run. I then bump into a figure. "Elena?"

She looks down at me and grabs my hand. A moment later we are back at the quarry, back with Klaus. Elena throws me to the floor and stand there. "Elena, what are you doing?"

"Helping me love. And I am starving!" He grabs her neck violently and bits down. He drinks for so long and her body becomes pale. She drops to the ground as Klaus howls. "Your turn!" He speed in front of me and bits my neck. I scream for him to stop but soon I am to weak. I start to loose my balance and slump into his body. I feel like I am falling asleep. I finally close my eyes. Instead of seeing a light or the darkness, I see Elena and Jenna's deaths over again, with as much detail as the first time. With my last ounce of strength, I scream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DEREK'S POV

Allison and I are on Izzy watch, making sure she doesn't try to kill Klaus. We are having coffee in silence. Scott is on his way to make things less awkward. I may or may not have bitten her mother... It's not my fault that she went after Scott! Or that the code made her kill herself.

I want to try to find a way to help Izzy so I spend the day researching the doppelgänger. All of a sudden, Izzy is screaming, so I run upstairs. Allison is already there and I can smell Scott coming, and hear his footsteps. I know he heard the scream and is probably running. Both of us walk up to her, but she shies away from both of us.

We both stop. Allison then walks cautiously and goes to the bed. Izzy is gasping from the nightmare she probably had. Allison sits on the bed and slowly hugs Izzy. Izzy immediately melts into the hug and tries to control her breathing. I leave them alone and walk down stairs to see Scott run in, with a worried face.

"She's fine! Allison is helping her." I say holding him from running upstairs. He then goes and gets some coffee and sits down.

"How are we supposed to help her if we don't even know what happened, except for the fact that her sister and aunt died." He says, shaking his head.

"I don't know..." I then here commotion from upstairs and hear the girls start to walk down. I look up to see Izzy and my heart breaks for that poor kid. She looks dead. Her hair is everywhere, her eyes look puffy.

"There's a myth that werewolves can use their claws to look into people's memories." She says as she approaches the coffee.

"Ya, Peter told me about that."

"If you wanna know what happened, then look." She says.

"What? We don't have to do this..."

"Do it, then maybe you could catch something that shows weakness." She says, heading back up stairs. I quickly get out my phone and dial the one person, who should never know about this.

"Hello, nephew," Peter says through the phone.

"How do you use your claws to see into a person's mind?"

"I'll be right there." He hangs up. Great...

We hear the door open after about 15 minutes. I look over and see Peter with a smug look on his face. Izzy comes down looking better because she showered. "You gonna help? Or manipulate?" She asks coldly.

"Help, now I will be--"

"You are not going into my head." She says, glaring.

"Fine. Derek?" She sits on the couch and I follow, standing behind her. She moves her hair to expose the back of her neck. "Now, Derek, I want you to stick your claws into the back of her neck. Izzy you have to think about the experience to help guide Derek." I slowly look from Peter to her neck. "Oh come on!" He says as he grabs my hand and pushes my claws into her neck. I hear her gasp, but I am immersed into her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I open my eyes to see a quarry. I turn and see Izzy stand up and run to Jenna, who looks confused. Izzy is thrown off Jenna, and into a ring of fire. Jenna then drinks some blood. I try to move but I can't. I try to speak, but can't.

A man comes from behind with a girl. She is in a lot of pain. I smell the air and realize that she is a werewolf. The man looks at Izzy and says, "Elena love, you ready?" He then rips the girls heart out and squeezes it into a bowl.

The scene changes and Stefan is now there, "Choose, love."

"NO!" Izzy screams.

"Good, because the choice has already been made." The man, I am assuming is Klaus, stakes Stefan and breaks his neck. He then releases Jenna from the circle of fire.

She looks at Izzy and says, "Don't worry, I know what to do." She speeds over a girl who is with the bowl, and bites her neck. Klaus throws Jenna off and stakes her, right in the heart. Izzy drop to her knees and starts to sob.

I hear footsteps and look up and see that Izzy has done the same thing, "Elena! Stop!" she yells, as Klaus turns as well.

"What? This is impossible."

"Identical twins. Now let my sister go, drink my blood."

"NO!!" Izzy screams.

Klaus then points to the alter. She walks over. "Thank you, Elena."

"Go to hell!" He then latches his mouth onto her neck. Izzy screams as loudly as she could. She keeps screaming even after Elena's body body falls to the ground. The ring disappears around Izzy and Klaus goes over to her.

"I can feel it now!" He then smiles as his eyes turn yellow and veins show. He then grabs her neck and bites. I hear chanting and he is thrown back as Izzy flops to the ground. Izzy slowly crawls over to get to Elena. I see Bonnie and Elijah walk towards Klaus. Elijah then grabs Klaus's heart.

"For our family--"

"I didn't burry them at sea. I give you my word I will return them to you."

"Elijah don't!" Bonnie warned. Stefan then picks up Izzy, having recovered from the stake and broken neck.

I look long enough to see Elijah take Klaus away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I take my claws out, and look at Izzy who is silent, with tears. She stands up and walks out of the room.

"What the hell happened?" Peter says looking at me with curiosity.

"His family. That's his weakness." I say simply, before walking out the door.

IZZY'S POV

I walk out of the house and go to the cemetery. I see that Elena is there too.

"I'm gonna leave soon, Lena." I say approaching her.

"Sure, be careful," she says walking away. I then turn to Jenna's grave.

"Hey Jenna. I just wanted to talk to you and apologize. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm sorry that you died. I miss you so much, but when I think of you all I see is Klaus driving a stake through your heart. I miss our chats, our jam sessions. I love you!" I start to cry and walk away. I turn back and look back at the graves of my family.

"Good bye." I say before turning around and leaving the cemetery, hopefully forever.

This is a short one, but after that 3,000+ chapter, I think it's ok.

Hope you have a nice time reading this. If you have questions, ask them!