Chapter 37: The Oni

"So, let me get this straight. Barrow was at the school, and someone left him a coded message to kill Kira. He then took her and Isabella to a power station, with the intent on electrocuting Kira, but we don't know what he was going to do to Isabella. You kids then went to the power station and stopped Barrow?" Agent McCall asks us. I am sitting in the police station with Scott, Lydia, Kira, and Stiles.

"Yes." I mumble, holding an ice pack to my head.

"How did you know they were at a power station?"

"He was electrical engineer, where else would he take them?" Stiles says.

"Quite the deduction."

"What can I say, I take after my pops, he's in law enforcement." The sheriff snickers. Agent McCall looks at Stiles sternly. "We made a good guess!" 

"What were you guys doing?"

"Eating pizza" Scott says as Kira says, "Eating sushi." They then reverse with Scott saying sushi and Kira saying pizza. 

"Uch, we had two different dinners! First some sushi, then pizza!" I say, frustrated. 

"You believe this?" Scott's father, the agent asks the sheriff.

"To be honest I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he started speaking. But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time." The sheriff says. "Those girls sitting there, are very lucky for it."

"Kira, is that how you remember it?" The agent asks.

"Yes." She says as we all lean forward. "Could I get my phone back now?"

"Sorry, but it is evidence." The agent says. We all walk out and Kira goes to fill out some paperwork.

I then get a call from Elena. "Hey, I can't talk right now."

"Ok, this will be quick. We have 12 weapons that we can kill Klaus with." My eyes widen and the agent looks at me.

"El, hang on," I say, putting myself on mute, "Can I step out for a minute?" He nods and I walk out. "Elena Gilbert, do not joke around with me."

"12 white oak stakes, ready to kill Klaus."

"But what about Elijah and-and Rebekah?"

"I guess they have to die to."

"Elena this isn't you... You are letting others die for something someone else did."

"Well, I changed. If you feel so guilty, then I won't tell you these things."

"All I am saying is that some of them, Elijah especially, do not deserve to die."

"Why are you so interested in his survival?"

"He helped me with something, that's all." I lie.

"Well, I will tell you when they are dead, bye." She says hanging up the phone. I turn around as the sheriff walks out with Scott and Stiles.

"Let's get you home." He says, as I get into the car.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I skip school and stay at home for the next day. All I can think about is that Elijah is going to die and so are all the Mikaelsons, plus me. I'm still linked with them. I decide to tell Elena about it, so I call her. It goes straight to voicemail.

"Hey, El I just wanted to apologize, for yesterday..."

I am interrupted by a knock at the door and just yell, "Come in!" I hear the door open, but no one says anything. I keep talking on the phone as I get to the door.