Chapter 47: Goodbye Humanity

LAST CHAPTER!!! OMG!

I got back to Mystic Falls without the others. I sneak into my room and listen as Elena denies that Jeremy is dead. I hear her hurt Dr. Fell. I know that someone from my pack is there, so I mask my smell with my clothes. 

I just sit there and smell the death of my brother. 

"JEREMY!" I scream as I run over to his body. I take his head, and inspect the bite mark. I listen for a pulse, but there is none. "Jeremy, no!" I say shaking him, like he is asleep. It finally sinks in: My brother is dead. I put my head over his stomach and sob. I hear footsteps and look up slightly to see Elena running over. I look past her to see Stefan, Derek, Scott, Kira, Malia, and Stiles. 

Elena is frantic and says that some stupid ring will bring him back. 

I then realize who did this. I push past everyone and get to the forest. "KATHERINE! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!! SHOW YOURSELF! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!!" I know Derek is there but right now, I need to kill her. 

Derek walks up to me, when we realize she isn't coming. He reaches out and I back away. All I can think about are all the deaths that have happened around me, "No, just no!" I say, turning and running. 

Mom, Dad, Jenna, Elena, Jeremy, Erica, Boyd, Allison, Aiden... The list goes on and on. 

I snap back to the present as I hear Bonnie's voice talking about making power by massacres. I ditch the conversation and walk over to Jeremy's room. I grab his hand. I listen to Elena speaking to April Young.

"...I'm sorry, he's dead." She says. She finally admitted it. But once that happened, I couldn't take it. My brother is dead, and I couldn't stop it. I left him with Katherine Pierce, the bitch who can't be trusted. I should have run back when I hear the scream. 

I run out the window and go to the only person who might have a clue on how to help: Klaus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEREK'S POV

Elena runs upstairs, after she tells some girl that Jeremy is dead. I don't other listening, all I can think about is where Izzy is. I know she is off the island, but I have no idea where she would have gone. 

A minute later Damon and Elena come down with Jeremy's body.

"Put him on the couch." She says as she starts to look through the pantry. She finally finds something and spills it over the counter. 

I smell it immediately: lighter fluid. "What are you doing?" I growl. 

"We need to get rid of the body. So we need a cover story, right? You think I didn't hear you guys talking earlier? Well, what are we gonna say-- animal attack, "tumbled down the stairs"? No. We burn the house down with him inside of it." Elena says, squirting the fluid everywhere. I step back towards the door, ready to run for it. 

"Elena, stop!" Caroline pleads.

"Why? Because you want me to not be in denial? You want me to face the truth? This is the truth, Stefan. I don't want to live here anymore. I don't want these sketches." Elena sprays them with lighter fluid and kicks something. "I don't want this Xbox." She throws down the empty bottle and reaches into a cabinet. "Not gonna need this bourbon anymore. Alaric's not here to drink it, I mean, unless you guys are willing to bring back every supernatural creature on the Other Side to get him back." She turns to Damon. "Would you? I know you want your drinking buddy back. Would you, Damon? Because I wouldn't." She walks over to Jeremy's body and splashes bourbon over him. I am seriously getting freaked out. What the hell is she doing? "I don't know, I mean, does that make me a bad person? I-- I have no idea." She then pulls the ring off of Jeremy's finger and tosses it to Damon. "He's not gonna need that anymore."