Chapter 13: Kanima

I walk into school, and see Scott and Stiles on the stairs. "Hey what's up?"

"You look..." Stiles trails off.

"Horrible? Ya, I know. Why the hell did you leave me in the hospital?" I ask annoyed. I grab my neck and try to massage it.

"I needed to give my truck to a mechanic, are you ok? You look exhausted and sore. What's wrong with your neck?"

"I guess I slept on it weirdly." I say brushing my hair away, "Is it bruised or something?"

"Stiles, go tell Allison what I said, Izzy-"

"What's wrong?" I say putting my hair back in place.

"Meet me after school, we need to see Deaton," he says very seriously.

"Why?"

"Your neck."

"What?" Scott grabs my arm and pulls me to the bathroom. He sets me in front of a mirror and slowly pulls my hair back. "Oh my god." I whisper examining the bite mark. There were 2 puncture wounds. "Scott?"

"Ya?"

"I don't know how this happened..."

"What?"

"I don't remember!" I say turing to him. I start to freak out. "How the hell did this happen? Who did this?"

"Ok, calm down, it's ok!"

"What if Deaton doesn't know what happened either?"

"We can go to Derek, ok? Everything is ok." Scott says in a soothing tone.

"Ok, ok. Ok." I say, breathing in between each word.

"Keep your hair in front of the wound so no one notices. We have to get to class."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stayed at school the day of the lacrosse semi-finals, which happens to be today. I didn't feel like seeing it, so I was studying.

At some point, I hear footstep and see Stiles running to the principals office. I hide behind some lockers because I see that Erica followed him in there. A moment later Erica is pulling Stiles towards the pools. I follow them as quietly as possible, hoping Erica won't notice me. At the pools, I see that Derek is waiting for them.

"Oh, hey Derek. What do you want?" Stiles asks annoyed.

Derek chuckles before responding, "What did you see at the mechanics shop?"

"Health violations that I am considering reporting."

Derek then crushes a basketball. "Care to reconsider?"

Stiles then starts to describe a monster: slick, reptilian. All of a sudden Derek whispers something to Erica and she leaves. After about 10 seconds of Stiles describing the monster, someone pushes me out from where I was hiding.

"Izzy, what are you doing here?" Derek asks, looking a little concerned.

"I was studying when I followed Stiles and Erica." I say, a little dizzy. I try to get up, but Stiles has to help me.

"Do you not remember what happened last night? You should be at home!" Derek asks.

"Last night? What happened last night?"

"You don't?" I shake my head. He gives me a strange look before turning back to Stiles, who starts to describe the creatures eyes. I then see that Derek and Erica are looking up, Derek in amazement and Erica in fear. Stiles and I look up to see a monster. "RUN!!!" Derek yells before having his neck cut, and he falls to the ground.