Chapter 33: The Mikaelson Ball

3 WEEKS AFTER DEREK LEFT

Over the past few weeks I have been hanging out with Scott, Stiles and Isaac. They have been trying to teach me to control my animalistic side, but I am really hesitant. I don't want to show them who I am, a new monster. 

I have a meeting with them in about an hour. I am sitting at home, watching some tv. I get a knock at the door. I walk up and open it, only to see no body there. I look around and there is not a body in sight. I look down and see a letter. I open it, and it reads:

Please join the Mikaelson Family this evening at seven o'clock for dancing, cocktails, & celebration. 

Mikaelson? Like Klaus? I turn it over to see a few notes.

Isabella, I am looking forward to seeing you this evening. -Elijah

Isabella, I think it is time we finally meet. -Ester

I quickly grab my phone and call Elena. 

"Izzy? How are you--"

"El, who the hell is Ester?"

"How do you know that name?"

"Just wondering. I was doing research on how to kill Klaus and came across the name." I lie. It's not entirely false, I was doing research...

"She is the original witch, Klaus's mother." She groans from the other side. 

"Ok, thanks Lena. Bye."

"Bye." She says hanging up the phone. I quickly get online as I pack a bag. I get a ticket back home, back to Mystic Falls. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOTT'S POV

Izzy is 2 hours late! I have been helping her control her werewolf side, but she just doesn't seem to want to do it! I am waiting with Isaac and I finally get fed up. "Isaac, I'm going to see where she is." I say, walking over to Stiles' jeep. He follows and we get to her apartment. We walk in and call her name.

I start to search the other rooms when Isaac yells, "Scott! Over here!"

I go over and see a note:

To anyone who finds this,

I am visiting Mystic Falls so don't be worried, I am just checking up on Elena and Jeremy.

-Izzy 

I scoff, but Isaac looks worried, "What?"

"It's just... Why would she leave now, when the full moon is coming up? Why wouldn't she wait?"

Isaac had a point. "Maybe Peter will know if something special is happening." We drive over to Derek's loft to find Peter reading a letter.

He looks up to see us, "What do you want?"

"Is something happening in Mystic Falls tonight or soon?" Isaac asks.

Peter is now very alert. He stands up and asks, "Why?"

"Izzy left to check up on her family. Or at least that is what the note says." I say, handing him the note.

"Damn it!" He says before giving back the note. "Turns out there is some big event with the Mikaelson family." He pauses.

"Who?" Isaac and I ask.

"The Mikaelsons. The original family?" He sees that we are still not getting it, he shouts, "Klaus! Klaus' family! They are having a 'ball' and I have an invitation. I am guessing she left for the party."