Chapter 25: The Motel

I am in the car with Allison and Lydia. We are currently following a bus containing Scott, Stiles, Isaac, Boyd, and Ethan (one of the alpha twins) who are all going to a lacrosse game. I am siting in the back thinking to myself. I have been in shock since last night when Scott and Stiles told me the news. I haven't talked much to anyone. I haven't talked to Elena since the school incident which was like a week ago. I wanted to call her and talk but, I never picked up the phone.

"Earth to Izzy! Are you sure you are ok?" Lydia yells from the front.

"I just... I just can believe he's dead. And that you didn't let me go with you! I could have helped!" I growl angrily.

"You could have died!" Allison growls right back at me.

"Ya, but I don't care if I die! If I died instead of Derek, it would be fine!" I yell, completely out of control. I realized what I said and shrink back.

"What do you mean, you wouldn't care if you died?" Lydia asks, turning to face me.

"Never mind." I say looking out the window.

"Izzy..." Allison says.

"Just, leave me alone." I say, rubbing my cut arms.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes later, we get stuck in a really bad traffic jam. Stiles calls us as well.

"Hey Stiles, we were just about to walk into a movie so...Ok." Lydia says as she puts him on speaker phone.

"Scott is still hurt-"

"What do you mean? He's not healing?" I say from the back.

"I think he's getting worse." I shrink back and think what would happen if I lose Scott too.

"Why?" Lydia asks.

"I don't know, I don't have a PhD in lycanthropy!"

"Make Coach stop the bus. There is a rest stop about a mile up." I say.

"Have you met the guy? I have been asking!!"

"Well do something! Reason with him!" I say as I take the phone and hang up.

Luckily, the bus goes to the rest stop and we walk Scott over to the bathroom. I pick up his shirt and see a horrible gash mark.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Allison asks.

"Sorry..." Scott says trailing off.

Allison, Lydia and Stiles back away as I try to keep Scott awake. "Scott, stay with us, ok. Don't fall asleep and whatever you do, don't walk towards the white light at the end of the tunnel!"

"I- I don't think there is a tunnel, Izzy." Scott weakly laughs.

"Well, when you survive, we can ask my sister. Deal? You stay alive and we ask my sister what it was like to die." He just nods as Allison walks over with a needle and thread.

"We have to make him believe he is healing. He's not healing because of Derek." Allison says, frantically trying to get the thread through the needle. I back away and walk outside to make sure the bus doesn't leave.

After about 5 minutes Coach yells at everyone to get back onto the bus. Stiles goes over to stall Coach. I see Allison and Scott walk out of the bathroom. Lydia runs to them as I run to Stiles and whisper, "Scott's ok, look!" He turns and he visibly relaxes at the sight of Scott.

I then turn to see what Stiles was looking at; Isaac is beating up Ethan. I run over to Isaac and try to pull him back. He flings me into the bus, hitting my head. I slump to the ground, but remain conscious, with very blurry vision. I see him continue to beat Ethan up, until Scott comes through the crowd and yells, "ISAAC!" Isaac then stop and turn towards Scott with a puppy-dog face as Danny (I think) runs over to Ethan.