Chapter 16: Detention

"So someone isn't protecting Jackson?" I ask into the phone.

"Someone is controlling him." Allison says.

I sigh, "Well, how could he not remember killing someone? Taking a human life?"

"Maybe it's like what happened to Lydia. The only thing that could have helped him see what he's doing was the video. And someone took care of that."

"Ok, well, I can ask someone. See you tomorrow?"

"Ya, see ya." She says hanging up. I then call the only person I know would know about the kanima.

RING... RING... "Hello Isabella, how may I help you?"

"Elijah, I need your help."

"Are you alright? Are you in danger?"

"No I'm fine but we are trying to help Jackson, the kanima? Do you know anything that could help?"

"I can do some research."

"Thank you, Elijah?"

"Yes?"

"Don't tell my sister about the werewolves and the kanima. Don't tell her about the supernatural."

He chuckles, "All right, good bye."

"Bye" I wonder why he laughed... Oh well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk into the library with Allison, to see many kids studying. Allison looks back at the newly installed cameras. We then walk into an aisle and Allison passes a tablet to Scott and Stiles, who are in the next aisle over. 

"That's all Lydia could translate and she was very confused." Allison says looking around. 

"It says that the kanima will only go after murderers but can eventually evolve to kill anyone." I say. 

"But not until it resolves something from it's past." Scott says, reading the translation.

"We think it might have something to do with his parent." Allison says.

"Lydia might know something. I'll ask her." Stiles says excitedly.

"And if she knows nothing, I will ask Jackson, because I don't have a restraining order." Allison says, taunting the boys.

"Fine, but if something happens, run." Scott says, worried.

"I can take care of myself, and you have a make-up test." The couple then holds hands and we disperse. 

I walk out to the parking lot, since I have no other classes today. I walk to my car, but someone is there. 

"I'm sorry, I think you have the wrong car." The man turns around.

"Are you Isabella?"

"Who wants to know?"

"A friend, of Elijah's."

"Oh, is everything all right?"

"No, actually, it's not. Your sister broke the deal." I start to back up. Elena would never break the deal, so what happened?

"I'm sorry that she did that, but why are you here?" I ask still backing up, towards the school.

"You!" The man thrust his hand out and started to chant. I start to choke, and fall down coughing. I look at my hand and see blood.

"What-- the hell-- are you---DOING!" I say, coughing. Suddenly the coughing stops and I look up to see Isaac and Erica wrestling with the man. Erica knocks him out and Isaac pulls me up. "Thank you," I mumble. He then pulls me into the school and walks me to the bathroom, so I can wash off the blood. Erica soon walks in and helps me with washing it off. She keeps asking me questions about who the guy was. I know that Isaac could hear and I know that whatever I say will get to Derek. "All he said was that he wanted to hurt my sister." Not totally a lie.