Chapter 6

[Metalclaw's POV]

I was laying under a tree when Branchtail came over. I looked to Flamefur who was eating a small mouse. He didn't look at her. He looked at me.

"Come on, you're going on border patrol." He growled slightly. I guessed he didn't really like me. I just nodded and got up slowly. I looked to Flamefur slightly.

"If the bear thing is still there I'll save them." I whispered so Branchtail couldn't hear us. She looked up to me and nodded.

"Just be careful. I don't want you getting hurt." She purred and went back to eating. I smiled and followed after Branchtail as he went to get more cats to join the patrol.

"Go sit by the entrance, I'll be right over there with more cats." He told me. I nodded and headed over to the entrance. I sat there waiting for him.

He soon came back with three other cats. I didn't really know them since I had never truly known all the cats. I knew some of the newer ones but not the older ones. The ones with us where some of the older ones I didn't remember. Branchtail flicked his tail for us to follow so I decided to follow right away. I didn't know how much these cats would hate me for being a Dark Forest ex-warrior. They could still hold a grudge on me.

I kept up my pace with Branchtail. The senior warriors talked behind us but we didn't say a word. I wasn't sure if Branchtail liked me or not and I didn't want to change his mind. I was more scared he didn't like me then actually talking to him. I didn't want anyone to dislike me. I knew there were going to be cats that do hate me, but I'm just going to ignore those cats. I know my family loves me and that's all I care about.

Soon we got to the Mapleclan border. I was careful and scented the bear right away. It wasn't close but I couldn't tell if it was dead or not. I was really hoping it was dead. I did not feel like going through all this with a bear right now. It would be to hard. The other cats didn't seem to really notice, well they could have but just didn't care. I let them mark the part of the border we were at then we headed north. I could tell the scent was getting strong. I looked to Branchtail and he was being a lot more careful not. I looked back to the senior warriors next and they were being slow.

"I'll check ahead and make sure it's safe." I told them. I didn't want them to get hurt so it would be better if I just went ahead. They would know I'm a great fighter so they would let me go.

"Just be careful. We can't afford to lose anyone." One of the senior warriors warned me. I nodded my head. I started to walk up a little more closer to the scent.

As I started to get closer, I noticed that it wasn't alive. It was dead thankfully. Shiningdeath must of killed it and left it there. I cautiously walked closer to it. It's fur didn't rise at all and it didn't descend either. I saw so many claw marks on it. There where many on its pelt but most where on its face or neck. Shiningdeath did a good job killing the bear. I didn't expect him to actually do it. I checked it out again and hurried back to the patrol quickly.

"It's safe, there is a dead bear though." I told them as soon as I got back. Once I said bear they all looked at me as if I was crazy. I had completely forgotten they didn't know what a bear was. I was so used to calling that a bear it was hard to call it anything else.

"What's a bear?" Branchtail asked first. I looked to him thankfully. At least one of the senior warriors didn't ask. Those old cats scared me.

"A huge brown animal." I told them, "it's safe though. It's really dead." I looked to them hoping they believed me. I knew it was safe but I didn't know what they thought. They could of thought something completely different.

--------------

That's chapter 6. It was harder to write because it's longer. I have a lot more chapters to write though. I'm really hoping this book will be done by Halloween but I'm not really sure. It could be just a little after it. Well I hope you liked this chapter. Don't forget to leave a vote and maybe a comment! I love you all and thanks for reading!