Chapter 16

[Embercloud's POV]

I laid in the nursery as Bluesnow was out stretching. I watched the kits as they played around. Shinyfall was out too so it was just the kits, Featherfall, and me. I was fine with Featherfall being there. She didn't really say much.

I looked over to her and noticed something different though. She had her eyes screwed shut. Her breathing was quick but shallow.

"Featherfall?" I asked quietly. I didn't really know what was happening but I remembered some things when she got pain from the kits. She pinned her ears back and let out an ear-piercing screech.

I got up quickly. I ushered the kits out of the nursery and quickly headed over to the medicine cat den. I saw Novastep and Sparkflight already getting some herbs. I nodded to them and hurried back over to the kits.

The two medicine cats hurried over to the nursery. While they were in there Bluesnow and Shinyfall came back. They sat by me and I saw Branchtail pacing back and forth in front of the nursery. I chuckled slightly as I remembered that's exactly what I did when Bluesnow was kitting.

A while passed over quickly and Novastep and Sparklight came out of the nursery. Branchtail quickly walked in. I let them talk for a while I sat outside the nursery. I walked over slowly to look inside. I saw three small kits next to Featherfall.

"Have you decided on names yet?" I asked softly to the both of them. They looked up to me.

"Yea, this is Duskykit," Featherfall purred as she touched the light brown kit. "This is Flykit," she continued and pointed to a light blue and white kit. "And this is Airkit." She smiled and pointed to the smallest kit. Airkit was a darker blue like Krestleleap.

I nodded to them and smiled. "They are really nice names and they are beautiful." I purred to them. Branchtail sat proudly by his kits and nodded to me.

"Thank you Embercloud, maybe you should get going back to your kits." He suggested to me. I thought about it quickly before getting up and heading back to the tree that we were under before.

I laid down by Bluesnow and our kits and looked to them. We only had four with us right now since Summerkit was in the Dark Forest but there wasn't much we could do about that.

"I hope no one else gets captured in the Dark Forest, we have enough already there. A strong warrior and a small kit have been taken away from us." Bluesnow said looking down. Shinyfall looked to us staying silent.

"I don't want anymore family to leave. We need to find a way to stop this and we need to do it soon." I said boldly. If I had to I would find a way to kill this evil cat. I wasn't going to let them take away anymore of my family.

"Embercloud, we can't do anything! Flamefur and Metalclaw are already trying anyways." Bluesnow said. Her blue eyes were wide and full of fear. I looked down to the kits again and didn't take my gaze off of them.

-----------------------------------

This chapter actually took me a really long time to right. I hope I did good. Now you are probably wondering about the blue. Well I'm going on a limb and saying Featherfall is part Russian blue so the kits are going to have some blue in them. So yea, I hope you liked the chapter! Don't forget to leave a vote or a comment!!