Chapter 26

[Shinyfall's POV]

I breathed heavily as I looked at my five kits. Cheetahpelt curled up behind me laying his head on my stomach and looking at the kits. They all where beautiful. Two looked just like him, one kinda looked like Flamefur, and the last two slightly looked like me with their white fur and little bit of grey and light Amber fur. I looked to Cheetahpelt to see what he would say about the kits. I looked up and saw Flamefur and Metalclaw walking in. She nodded to me and headed back to her nest to rest. She only had about one moon left until she had her kits.

"What do you want to name them?" I asked Cheetahpelt softly as I turned back to him. He looked into my eyes. I purred as I looked back into his.

"I'm not really sure. How about Heartkit for this shecat since the grey fur on her forehead looks like a heart?" He asked me. I looked to the white little shecat he was talking about. She was pure white except for the small marking and she had grey on the tip of her tail. She looked beautiful that way though.

"Alright, how about Leopardkit for the biggest one?" I asked him looking to the biggest kit. He looked just like Cheetahpelt. I was thinking of naming the smaller one Leopardkit but I thought it would suit the bigger one better.

"Alright, and the smaller one that looks like Flamefur can be Lovekit." Cheetahpelt smiled. We both turned back to Flamefur and Metalclaw. She looked excited to hear all the names.

"Why Lovekit though?" She asked us. I didn't know the answer to that question so I looked to Cheetahpelt since he had picked the name out.

"Because you and Metalclaw conquered everything to finally be together. That is what true love is. The spark of love burns bright in both of you." Cheetahpelt purred to his sister. I smiled at what he said. It was beautiful. He must of put a lot of thought in the name.

"Alright, I like the name. Lovekit. It's a beautiful name." I purred to him and looked at the last two kits. "How about Creamkit for the white and light Amber shecat?" I asked looking to the shecat I was talking about. She was about the middle size of all of them. Novastep was worried about her though for some reason. I wasn't really sure why. I hope it isn't that bad.

"That is a lovely name. Flamefur, would you like the name the last one?" Cheetahpelt asked. I would of liked it better if he had named the last kit but I was glad that we were having our family help with the names.

"Well, hm, how about Aquakit?" She asked after she got up and looked at the kit. I was a little surprised by the name. It came out of no where but it was an amazing name.

"Sure! That's an amazing name!" I purred to her. I looked at the kits. "So we have Heartkit, Leopardkit, Lovekit, Creamkit, and Aquakit." I purred and licked them all on the head. I'm so glad they were finally here. I didn't think I could wait much longer.

"They will grow up to be fine warriors." Cheetahpelt purred and closed his eyes to rest. I nodded and laid my head on my paws. I looked at the kits until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and I finally fell asleep.

--------------------------------------

Which one do you think is the important one? Spokenwrites you are not allowed to say since you know. Also I feel really bad for writing the last thing that Cheetahpelt said. Why you might ask. Well you will have to find out later! Don't forget to leave a vote or a comment!